Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Remember in the 1970’s that happen here in Miami in overtown they burned down all the businesses in the area then they asked the City if they would fund new roads and new business loans which the city did. Did it do anything for that area? NO!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

These people just won’t learn.
    Neither the politicians nor the rioters.

If the rioters are willing to burn down their own town, why would you give them improvements?
    Just gonna either happen again or as we have seen, they aren’t going to take care of it, they aren’t invested in it.
    And pretty soon, its slum time. And then they start complaining again.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.” Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today’s lesson.”

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Very well put 74.

The attitude of these people is not surprising. What people dont really understand is that if you do not bring real usable skills along you will simply become unnecessary in the very very near future. Its not the job of the government to find a job for you, its your job to be useful enough for the society to be needed.

Technological unemployment will shock the world in the coming years and the current system has no proper way of dealing with this.

Unconditional basic income is one way forward (lots to read and understand about this, it does have lots of benefits and is not communism, its cheaper and more effective than the welfare system we have now), other than that we will have to face class warfare.

Poor countries where people still farm will be less affected by this. For example Cambodia will still work without power more or less. You see plenty of people on bikes because they cant afford motorbikes and its common to farm with the help of animals instead of machines.

In developed countries technological unemployment is in my opinion one of the most likely social problems that will cause or hugely accelerate the descent into civil unrest and maybe even civil war.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

You can’t blame the folks in Ferguson for making demands when govt. has created the expectation that such demands will be fulfilled. No different than a child that never gets no for an answer from their parents.

Jay is right on with his comment about skills. Just being a good worker isn’t good enough anymore when there are others who are good workers that also have the skills that the world needs. Yes this is a tough situation for older workers facing a world that demands new and different skills but it is what it is. A former neighbor of mine found himself in need of a new career in his late 50’s after being self-employed for a long time, and unfortunately early retirement was not an option for him financially. He went back to school, became a nurse, and took a 3rd shift job at the local hospital. He re-invented himself at an age that most folks just say they’re too old to do anything different. While I understand the plight of the older worker, young people have no excuse for coming into the workforce unprepared. Were I to be a High School Guidance Counselor, in the brief period prior to my being fired for being old fashioned, I would give kids the message that if you cover yourself in tatoos and poke holes in your face, tongue and ears (those big ones, not normal earring holes) to “express” yourself, don’t expect prospective employers to take you seriously. Same goes for coming to an interview dressed like a hooker or a street thug. And if by some miracle you do get hired best you be on time and come with the attitude you’re there to help the company achieve its goals, not for the company to meet your goals. In the week or so it’d take me to get fired I might do somebody some good. I might also add a very politically incorrect thing we’re not supposed to speak of, but one which very much exists in the real world, if you come to an interview and cannot speak proper English (native born folks, not immigrants), you are essentially shouting “I’m uneducated”. Can’t read, write, spell at an acceptable level? Same thing. Can’t do basic arithmetic in your head? Same thing. In all these cases you could well have a high IQ, but you are projecting a very different image.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yes… unfortunately. What I see as the main problem is the problem of ghetto culture and generations of people who didnt get raised properly. If your mother can’t sort out her own life, your father isnt there anyway or he doesn’t care and you are surrounded by a very dysfunctional society it is very hard to pull yourself out of this.

You also grow up with the victim mentality and the us vs them mindset. No surprise you are going to have problems integrating into society. You also only get respect if you are “cool” which means do stupid things most of the time and act like an idiot.

I recently saw a survey with teachers how the kids changed over the last 20 years. Everyone agreed that parents just dont care enough for them anymore and expect the school system to raise their kids. This is impossible of course but nothing is done about it.

Just like companies, governments are all about the immediate future and what makes them look good in 3-4 years for the next election. Thats why our system is such a failure. You can’t address these fundamental underlying problems if you are an attention seeker who wants to be the popular guy for the next election. If you do what it takes and people get uncomfortable they elect the opposition and they have to promise to crush all the efforts for fundamental change. That’s why nobody is even trying it anymore.

I have respect for people who at least try to wake up and see things clearly but yeah… many people are so simple minded they cant or dont want to see the big picture. Humans… can’t expect much. That’s why I prepare :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.