Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I was surfing around , and stumbled upon this guy , he seems to be a man in the EU that doesnt have his head up his a$$ , and is quite outspoken about what the EU is .

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Tolik Tolik.
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Nigel Farage is a leading conservative voice in England. He got elected to the European Parliament where he wrecks havoc in their meetings. He is one of the leading voices to get England out of the European Union. I have always suspected that Donald Trump is using his playbook to run for President. He often speaks at conferences where Ron Paul speaks.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Well. Due to an unthinking mistake on my part, you all get spared a lengthy reply that just disappeared from my computer screen (no spies, no malware – just a dumb, but maybe fortuitous mistake on my part). I feel inclined to just let it be, not merely because it would take considerable time to go back and recreate.

Suffice it to say, that watching the above videos of Mr. Farage, I’m reminded of the use of blackouts when it comes to news coverage of certain people, positions, or events. If they don’t make mainstream news on a regular basis, they can’t get a groundswell of support. And if they don’t have significant support because almost no one knows about them, their ideas fall flat and die. And when they do, the messengers themselves don’t even need to be “eliminated” (physically), because they already have been quite effectively. Then when their view do occasionally get noticed by some lone voice somewhere, and comments are made in public about them, Alinsky’s “Rules” are employed, most especially #5 and #12 in these instances:

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. … . “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; … .

I confess, I’d never heard of Nigel Farage — until last night, thanks to Tolik. And I suspect Tolik and I (and everyone here) are well above average in watching what’s happening in the world, at least compared to the general population. So I suspect (understatement!) that we’re seeing the classic news blackout maneuver being done with Mr. Farage, as it has been with so many people whose view points at least deserved to have been widely heard and considered (such as Dr. Paul, mentioned by Roadracer). If they can’t get news coverage, they and their perspectives and arguments never enter into the public discussion, and it’s as if they never existed. Meanwhile, the opposition presses on, with the “opposition” being the two-sided coins we’re constantly being handed, such as the Democrat and Republican Parties in the US. As that great political philosopher, George Wallace, once remarked, “There isn’t a dime’s worth of difference between Republicans and Democrats.”

So I am entirely unsurprised at not being familiar with Nigel Farage 24 hours ago, and mildly encouraged that he’s still alive, able to perhaps influence one or two people here or there. I want to have hope, but ….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Trump has said Merkel is insane. I would bet that Farage said it first. Europe is so fuking gone it isn’t funny. In fact …. As utterly demented as the U.S with its Isis strategy.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I should post it if I can find , its very funny !!!! It was some political show , and Putin was sitting right next to Merkel , Putin made a remark to Merkel , basically a proverb meaning ” you do this today or tomorrow , your going to get f*cked ” ……………you should have seen the dirty look Merkel gave , very funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of I11matic1795
    I11matic1795
    Survivalist
    member1

Farage is the leader of UKIP, he’s a racist bigot.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

That doesn’t make him wrong factually.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

He is not PC , cant like everybody ….and shouldnt have to pretend you do . Thats another thing wrong with the US , we are obsessed with race …………..well rather the liberal left is . I’m a racist bigot also …….I am who I am , and will not change to suit anybody . Just Sayin

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Not previously being familiar with him, I can’t comment either way. One thing I do like doing when I read something on the internet (or anywhere else, actually), is get verification of it if it’s of any potential interest and value to me. If he is indeed a “racist bigot,” I could then potentially filter his words, as necessary, with that knowledge.

I’m wondering if you can provide some reasonably solid evidence of him being a racist bigot. He may well be, I just like to know what I’m basing my own assessments on. And since it appears that you’ve never posted here before (assuming I’m understanding how to use this board correctly), I’ve got no history from you on which to base an assessment of your assessment. So some background on Mr. Farage to support your statement would be very helpful.

I also agree with Whirlibird. Just because someone may be a racist bigot doesn’t mean every one of his views is worthless. I thought Bill Cosby was a brilliant comedian, and remember seeing him live one evening about 30 years ago. I could hardly breathe, I was laughing so hard. It now appears the man is one very sick person that uses human beings without their permission to gratify his own desires. While I’d have a hard time listening to him in the same way ever again as a comedian, that doesn’t change the fact that what he produced was brilliant comedy.

Thanks.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

Nigel is the only politician who says it like it is, I could listen to him for hours he just makes sense. and its not rascist to stand up for your own country and your own people. shouting “rascist” is what the PC brigade do to stifle debate in my country.

British Survivalist.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

” Racist ” the the liberal battle cry for a lost and indefensible argument .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I always respect people that are willing to defend their posts when there are questions, or acknowledge if they happen to have been too hasty or just plain out of line, and also have the integrity up front to explain what could be considered “controversial” by many.

With that said, I’ll basically “second” lonewolf’s and Tolik’s responses, and won’t consider withdrawing that “second” without strong credible evidence from I11matic1795 to support his completely (so far) unsubstantiated claims. Back it up with evidence or it amounts to nothing more than the tactics of that great philosopher, Saul Alinsky, who once wrote, “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it,” and “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”

GS

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Nigel Farage to the best of my knowledge has never uttered a racist word. He has spoken bluntly about the need for immigration laws to be enforced, to protect against the bankrupting of England as it provides social services to the new immigrants.

One of the things that I like about this forum is the ability to have a thoughtful conversation without name calling. I find it troublesome that an individual’s first post is to call someone a racist bigot. Or perhaps we should just all welcome former Attorney General Eric Holder to the forum.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The 1st Amendment is a wonderful thing , it is a two edged sword . When allowed to speak freely , a person or group will expose themselves , good or bad for all to see . Its when you start to have selective Constitutional rights ,are when you make things as dark and dangerous as Stalin himself . Confederate flag ban is an example . I would welcome Holder to say his peace , Myself and most likely the rest of the forum would rip him a new one lol . Two edged sword in action . The person in question has been dealt with by the members already , you will note that he did not come back for a reply or to defend his accusations = troll . I’m a Scorpio , I personally enjoy doing battle with trolls , as many have probably noticed , I wont back down , right or wrong lol .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

you will note that he did not come back for a reply or to defend his accusations = troll

Ahhhh…. He just resurfaced, joining in the discussion of whether we could kill another person. He might try claiming he just didn’t see the responses to his original post here, and/or that he’s a newcomer to internet forums, etc. I call Bravo Sierra on that one, as noted in my reply in the other topic. I may not be a Scorpio, but I share some of the same traits.

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.