Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Uh huh. And it started big time with what Monica Lewinsky did to Bill Clinton in the Oval Office being redefined as “not sex.” So millions of kids decided they could do that and still be “ok.” Many conservative Christian denominations have reaped the damage of that. But that was only the start. Now we’re really into big-time control issues. Now that it’s on the “accepted” dictionary of definitions, it will be referenced for legislative and perhaps even judicial arguments from now on, as if that’s the way it always was. We don’t dare to LOOK at what the Founding Fathers were arguing and supporting and defining more than 200 years ago in that bygone “irrelevant” time that (allegedly) has no relationship to “our day.” I’m glad I’m as old as I am. Maybe I’ll actually miss the final collapse when even the ghost-like appearance of a constitutional republic no longer exists and the transition to whatever follows is complete.

Good catch, WB.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

i heard Larry King say it on tv. The founding fathers wanted every man armed in case there was a slave rebellion. These were not stupid people. The haves and the have-nots. Its now 21 years old to buy ammo in Ny. New classes of slaves being devised every day here.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

It should be 21 to own a cell phone . They kill more people every year than drunk drivers , firearms , and drugs combined .

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Survivalist

Yup even legalese “The language of the legal system” was imposed on us by the legal system. Turning what’s right to wrong, and wrong to right. The Justice system is twisted too and it’s all over the planet with their civil system. They know how to use words as weapons against us

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Out of control , YES ! But it should also show the importance of being educated in the use of your own language ……or allow it to be used against you , because your not literate enough . That is entirely our fault , as a society . Once , shame on you , Twice , shame on me .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Arrrggghhh! The “Edit Monster” ate another post.

Bottom line: I’ve begun to realize that Cloward and Piven’s economic strategy of the 1960s has been developed further to apply to all areas – economic, educational, moral, political, religious, you name it. It’s the modern day application of the 170 year old manifesto: destroy the social and political order and achieve total control.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

This article is probably well beyond the confines of something as “limited” (infinite? ubiquitous?) as Newspeak, but it’s a well written reminder, if nothing else, of the world in which we live. In case anyone should wonder or accuse, I intend no condemnation of those who actually Protect and Serve.
    Hat tip: SurvivalBlog.com

Dial T for Tyranny: While America Feuds, the Police State Shifts Into High Gear

https://tinyurl.com/y988sbr8

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I suspect many (most?) of the individual players on the Protect and Serve team are decent folks. But the gradual changes over the years have a way of boiling even the most resilient frogs in time. So when push comes to shove (likely much worse), we won’t know what to expect when it’s a much larger “us vs. them” compared to single perps being confronted. Like Marx and Engels clearly described at the very end of their 170 year old masterpiece (and it is a masterpiece, even if it is based in fundamental evil), the idea is to use otherwise legitimate organizations as the starting point for their operations, gradually taking them over from the inside and turning them into something unrecognizable (but that only becomes evident at the very end to most). Just look at what already exists – we’ve got many inside the CIA, FBI, local police forces, etc., that are individually good and decent folks, and who are very much embarrassed by the corruption at the top. I watched it in my own department within Fedville, and all across the broader and much larger organization. The VA is a prime example. I’ve got good friends that have found excellent care – in spots – within that system. Yet the larger problems aren’t getting any better even with a new sheriff (even two of them already).

Who can argue with the concept of an intelligence gathering operation to find out what the bad guys are doing, in order to protect us? Who can argue with a well-armed and equipped police force in the face of increasing violence (and sometimes well armed bad guys)? Who can argue with an organization to gather needed revenue for legitimate government functions? And on and on and on. Yet that’s exactly what Marx counted on and outlined very explicitly. And (said here many times) yet it seems like almost no one (certainly no one I’ve ever spoken with) has even looked at, let alone studied the tiny little, virtually universally overlooked, final “chapter” of only 3/4 of one page. It’s all there in just 15 sentences (or 16 if one counts the final “… Unite!” war cry). The more times it is read, the more that emerges from those same 15 sentences. Forget entirely about the first three normal length chapters – they’re unnecessary to understanding what’s there at the end in what appears to be nothing more than a tiny epilogue, worthy of skipping. After all, following three long chapters, what else could be gained from just 15 more sentences? Yet it is the pattern for what has been lifted from a 2-D page and printed into a 3-D working model that is shortly to become full reality.

With over 8 million Americans in the super secret Main Core database – which somehow Salon magazine knows all about (?!?) – it’s quite likely more than one of our names resides there. As I see it however, the question of what we can do about it seems no longer relevant. People can put on cammo and run drills in the woods on the weekends all they want, but I no longer see anything even approaching “reasonable odds.” The old(er) idea that guerrilla warfare in the cities could be won, no longer appears viable. It worked great in the jungles and villages in Vietnam, and it at least drove the U.S. troops out of the Shiite regions of Iraq, but note that al-Sadr and company just cleaned house in the elections there. He’s no longer just still alive, but alive and about to assume major political power. So much for beating the rooftop snipers and road-side bombers at their guerrilla game. And I don’t see it happening here even with some dedicated vets with those skills.

I’m just glad I don’t have several decades left to have to watch it all play out. I just hope it doesn’t accelerate even more rapidly than it already has so it catches me still here when any resemblance to the Constitutional Republic is erased from history (and it will be erased even from the history books, I fully expect). I don’t want to see what’s coming, and wish beyond words that my kids, grand kids, and great grand kids didn’t have to live through it. If only it could happen before the rest of my grand kids can begin creating even more great grand kids. Thankfully however, I know in whom I trust, and who really wins in the end.

GS

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

GS, Humans are so flawed that they rarely achieve perfection, for good, or for evil, across any system as wide as the whole world. Here’s a different view of the odds for at least physically opposing establishment of the Total State. Mileage for intellectual opposition may vary.
    Hat tip, again, to SurvivalBlog.com

The Mathematics of Countering Tyranny

https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-countering-tyranny/

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’m not saying it couldn’t be “interesting,” and maybe even end in a retreat by “them.” What I see as worse is the aftermath – exactly what was called for 170 years ago: destruction of the social and political order. The not-so-definite ending of the old TV series, Jericho, was quite believable. Yes, the “good guys” appear to have made it into friendly territory just in time, but what was the overall national situation? And what were the odds of reconstituting the once-great nation? In a more real world scenario, I’m not sure it would be much different. What would be left, even if enough of the gun owners “won?” There may be pockets of strong resistance that would largely be left alone – for a time – but what kind of economy, communication, socialization, or much of what we have now, would be left? The math seems solid, at least theoretically, but the nation as a whole no longer has a stomach for such fights. And just a few successful (i.e. murderous) confiscations, with charred remains of physical structures and dead bodies carted away to the morgue, would be all that would be necessary for a large number to give in. The will to fight for principles not even understood by anyone under at least 45-50 (probably even older than that for the most part), simply isn’t there anymore. The brainwashing through “education” and the “media” have been highly successful. I don’t want any part of that world, and don’t have enough years left to even hope to see a reconstitution of what once was. Perhaps it may end up even better than it ever was as reality finally sets in, but that wouldn’t happen in my lifetime anyway. And that’s only one possible outcome….

By the way – all of these scenarios leave out the vast database(s) of information that’s been collected on virtually all of us. They not only know what we’ve bought, where we’ve been (license plate readers, credit card receipts, facial recognition, etc.), who we associate with, where all of our friends and relatives live, who we communicate with (got a cell phone with an address book in it?), they also have analysis that in most cases has us psychologically profiled quite nicely through the tiny pieces of seemingly insignificant data we produce every day, even by just driving into town to buy some groceries, who we call on the land line (and what we discuss), etc. Don’t think they listen to those calls? A friend has a close relative who worked for one of the alphabet agencies (unnamed here – but NOT what you’d guess, such as NSA or CIA). They have that capability, and though totally unauthorized, some considered it great fun during lunch hour to just listen in on random phone calls of everyday Americans. Got a security alarm system? They know what our patterns are for going and coming, when we arm it for “home” status at night when we’ve taken the trash out before going to bed (or whatever), and when we disarm it in the morning once we get up. Got smart lights in the house? Then they know even more about bedtimes and wake-up times, for example. The “internet of things” intrudes further and further as we purchase more “smart” devices. The list goes on and on. Not a world I care to be part of, particularly after the chaos develops.

GS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.