Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

We have another Blizzard heading our way. Lets hope its the last of the winter.
    Wish the east coast luck!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yikes, good luck! At least you are emminently prepared to deal with whatever comes your way! :)

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Good luck. Lived in New England for a while and it was the ice storms that really stunk. The snow has stopped here now. Be gone winter.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Should be an interesting one here. They’ve said it’s the biggest one we’ve had this winter, but I can’t see that happening, not since the knee high snowfall we had back in December in one night. That was a doozy of a storm.

Regardless, stay safe! on your part of the island!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Mr. Red stay safe in your neck of the woods!! Lets hope the power stays this time.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I most certainly will. The “eye” of the storm will be pretty close to my AO when it passes, so it looks like I’ll be getting the brunt of this storm. Wind gusts, apparently, will be up to nearly 130 km/h for here.

Was watching the weather network earlier while they were talking to one of their guys in Halifax, it was nearly a total white out. Visibility was down to about 10-15 feet.

Should be fun.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

I’ll be watching at my end as well, looks like hopefully we’ll only be getting the edge of it.

George S. Patton

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m going to update this thread every now and then throughout the rest of today and into tomorrow.

I’ve got a load of water stored away, got some extra done out now, as well as made some coffee (town needs some watchmen, just in case).

The wind has picked up quite a bit, nothing to what we’re expected to get. Locally it’s 1756hrs as I type this, and the snow has begun about 5-10 minutes ago. Visibility is down to a few hundred feet.

ETA on next update, unless we lose power, will be 1930 hrs (6pm EST).

Y’all be good.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good luck Mr.Red.
    Looking forward to your update!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Coming at ya from the the eastern side of Newfoundland, with whats happening here.

At this time its 6;30 pm and the temp is -4c with a windchill of -12.
    so far the winds are easterly at 33km with gusts of 50km.
    Pretty clear here, other then we can now see the down snow beginning to drift

At this end we are charging up all batteries and electronics.
    Water is always stored, Lanterns are sitting proudly in wait.
    Stove is ready and kettle is on, snacks are made.
    Games brought out for the girls, and house is ready!
    Out side:
    Dogs, chickens and ducks are all tucked in for the night, and locked in.

I’ll get back to you all on this, at or around 8;30 pm Newfoundland time.

George S. Patton

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Visibility is down to 50 feet and less at times, strong winds with heavy snow.

Decided to fill up the bath tub with water just in case. Got most of my electronics charged, and the lanterns/stove are on standby. Most people are under the assumption that we will indeed lose power due to the heavy winds (earlier today there were gusts of 150 km/h in Nova Scotia).

I did a run around of the outside around the house an shed, made sure there was nothing about to be blown around.

I’ll update if there is any change. And if I don’t we’ve either lost power or I’ve been needed elsewhere.

Cheers!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Power has begun to flicker here. Just had it go for a few seconds, twice. Also, it’s not really heavy snow now, mostly it’s turned to ice.

I’ll keep ya posted if/when I can.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Windy as heck, and snow and blowing snow. Visibility roughly 100 ft at this point and its 9:37 pm. Power is now sure what its doing, and flickers are happening. Just took out my dog and the snow drifts are now appearing at times five six feet wide and a foot deep.

George S. Patton

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hope this is, overall, just another adventure in living and all come out safe and well on the other side!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

It’s 2308hrs now, around 2-3 degrees Celsius with rain and some strong wind gusts, but overall it’s not as bad as I was expecting.

I’m really surprised we never got much snow. Changed to ice/rain rather quickly. There are a few larger drifts but that’s nothing compared to some of the storms we’ve had this winter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.