Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Just finished ordering my new toy . A KSG , I liked the idea of them when they first came out , now with the improvements they made , decided it was time . I like the idea of having the ability to choose ammo type , at a flick of a switch . 15 rounds total of 2and 3/4 or 13 of the 3 inch , in such a small package is appealing . I will let everybody know how it performs .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Got to work on an early one, had to be operated hard, really hard to be reliable when I started.

Ended up putting about a hundred rounds through it by the end. Built a 1/8″ face guard / riser of kydex for the owner, helped align it.

Some bullpups I like, some I don’t. Right now, the KSG hangs in the latter category, and not because of who makes it, but because of the quality of the Gen I guns. Kind of rough and crude around the edges.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

And almost forgot, congrats on the new toy.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The nice thing, at least, is that Kel-tec does (eventually) fix whatever comes in to them, in my experience, even if it’s extensive enough to require a new serial number. And their lifetime warranty still applies.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We will see how it is , the gen 3 may not be as rough . Either way , I thought it might be a good idea to order the forward hand stop attachment ………………kinda like to keep all my fingers , if I can .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

In ny I see them for sale. It’s 10 shots of double ought period. Anything else isn’t effective imho. But I would buy one if I didn’t already have have a benelli.

I don’t know what the short shells are good for…. dogs? demifa? Antifa terrorists? Can the shot be poisoned.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Slug in one tube / flachette in the other ( flachettes inter the body sideways sometimes ) .
    Turkey shot aint bad either .

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

UPDATE :
    Went out with the KSG today . I like it a lot ! The action is very smooth , apparently the gen 1 , had issues of being rough . The gen 3 is fine . I loaded up one tube with 1 oz slug , the other with #4 shot . It fed fine , switched between tubes with no issues . Options that I chose were 1} front hand stop 2} after market pop up sights . As a bullpup , it does take a bit of getting used to . I read complaints about it jamming if you short stroke it , t dont understand why , or how you could short stroke the KSG , as the stroke is so short to begin with . Only two issues for me . They dont even give you a front bead to aim with , its just a simple rail , so unless you get sights for it , shootings slugs with real accuracy is going to be a challenge . The other issue is that I can already see , is that I am going to have to get a stock extender . I have long arms , and need the extra pull , but Im used to that . I had to do it with some of my AKs . Other than that , it performs well , and fires good . Like anything that is out of the ordinary , it just takes some time to get used to its ” quirks ” .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Does it come in vantablack? As if you walked into a room with it and its so black, absolutely no reflection, its virtually invisible.

Complete stealth. A CIA paintjob for nightops.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.