Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Looks like we have some new spammers, but it looks like the “report post” button is gone.
    Any ideas?

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

No ideas. The web site is not secure, tags apparently don’t work to facilitate searching oldie-goodie posts, the search function seems entirely useless, and I haven’t seen any input by Selco, Toby, or their folks in a long time – even with repeated requests to try to resolve the problem of disappearing posts during the editing process (even using the Help & Feedback feature at the bottom of the screen). They don’t even give us a heads up via email, nor a post here in the Forum when there are new posts added in the Blog (I WAS signed up to receive updates when Blog posts appeared – and did – but that ceased many months ago).

I think the Forum has been discarded by its owners, despite the fact that the Blog itself is still being populated by new posts from Selco with comments by Toby. There were posts in the Blog every month through July this year, but then only two in September and one on 22 November. For whatever reason, it appears the SHTF Forum is on autopilot with no one in either of the front seats, and likely to soon go the way of the “Saloon.” It was a good ride while it lasted…. At least the joke’s on the spammers (probably The Russians!) – they don’t have any significant sized audience here anymore. ;-)

I wonder who’s going to turn out the lights and when…. Sad.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I left Selco and Toby a message about it at the shtfschool.com website. We’ll see …

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Seen and working on it…

I want to highlight guys, I help out on all the school activities without remuneration, so will deal with things as they get reported, but as far as ‘driving in the front seat’ yes, you are correct, it’s difficult right now. I’m sure you can all understand and appreciate that.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Toby,
    Thanks for the help.
    Everyone is busy, we get that.
    Hope you and Selco, and all of yours are doing well and making the best of it.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Toby, I fully echo what Whirlibird said. So glad to see you’re still involved, and very sorry to hear things are that “thin” at the top these days. I would hate it if my comments above suggested dissatisfaction with either you or Selco – neither is the case. I only know the result here, not the circumstances at your end. The point was only (as I said at the end) sadness at what used to be here, but still tremendous appreciation for what you have done, and whatever you are able to continue to do. I truly hope the lights do not go out any time soon, even with the very limited activity here in the Forum. The Blog is very valuable and I’ve been glad to see that continue (albeit more sporadically lately), and this Forum is a gold mine for anyone taking the time to go backwards and see the wealth of information available on preparation, protection, etc. It’s been nice to have a place to spout off and unload some of the frustration that builds up because of the political situations of the day around the world, but the library of preparedness info is THE primary value.

If it’s possible to somehow get the search feature to work, that would be wonderful – it would allow much better “mining” of the preparedness information over the years. That information does not need to be lost! Also, tagging is still allowed, but if there’s a way to actually use it to find things, I have never found it – I just assumed that the search function would use the tagging.

Also, when going back and editing posts for typos or re-wording, the board software often just totally deletes posts and removes them from the list of recently added posts. If that can be resolved, it would reduce frustrations.

Finally, if there’s a way to make this an HTTPS:// site (i.e. secure), that would be very much appreciated. No one’s safe anymore, but it would be wonderful to at least have that added layer of cyber-protection if you can arrange it (click on attachment for info).

Again, thanks to you and Selco for all you do. It cannot be overstated.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello guys!

First I want to thank you for your input here, some of you putting real effort in this forum, and I do appreciate that, really.

Nobody is on front seats quiet often, actually to be honest with you sometimes there is no front seats at all to sit in.
    It is how it is right now, my personal situation (and lack of time and knowledge) simply leave huge gap in taking care about forum right now.

Or in other words for now it is like it is.

There is no plan for” turning lights off”, actually there are plans for more lights.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

THANK YOU! (In bright lights! :-) )

GS

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi All,

I’m checking now. When we did the last server move I was under the impression the forum was made secure, but I see that’s not the case…

I’ll follow up on this and see what can be done…

As Selco says our biggest problem just now is we are all ‘will’ and no ‘way’, we are both limited in time and technological aptitude and so largely focused on just trying to keep articles flowing on the blog (and Yes we both realise these are sporadic…) It’s a case, just now, of doing our best…

We have some great ideas and initiatives moving forward, but we just need to get to a place of stability to deliver… That is often easier said than done though ;)

All the support and hardwork in here IS appreciated though, so please keep it up.

I’m rarely here in the forum. I arrived today because someone emailed about the spam issues. This is BY FAR the easiest way to reach me, so Guys, if I may ask, if you spot any problems in the future, please do feel free to drop me a note at toby@shtfschool.com then I can take a look :)

I’ll get back to you all once I have an update on the forum secure status question.

Until then, many thanks for your ongoing support!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.