Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, you are right!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I would like to thank Selco an Jay for this very informative forum. Even though I’ve got friends and family’ that has left SA, and is living  all over the world – I’ve only now learned that there is still very good intelligent people living in America and all over the world.. I really do like you guys.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Latest news is additional sanctions on friends of Putin.  The difference in perspective between Obama and Putin is very dangerous.  Putin keeps pushing, and Obama keeps saying he is upset and there will consequences.  One misstep by either of these guys and the game is on.  I suspect the next few weeks will give us a clearer picture.  Let’s hope and pray it is a peaceful picture.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It should be apparent to all that Putin started this knowing that sanctions would be imposed.  Obviously sanctions will not matter to Russia.  This is a well planed and orchestrated endeavor on their part with all the moves identifed before the game started.  He knows NATO will not fire the first shot, so he can take what ever he wants without a fight. Way after it is to late someone might throw a punch.

Russia will only use the sanctions as an excuse to amp up the conflict.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Leopard, U. N. does have an agenda that we do not know! And it is not good. Not saying Putin is any better but Putin sees what the U. N. is about that we can’t see.

This is an interesting point to consider. A new generation might end up flipping through history books and reading how Russia made the right decision to separate themselves from the rest of the world (and maybe get more cosy with China).

History is written by the winners, I know, and I don’t really believe in what Russia does right now is good or the right thing, but it makes sense to consider all options.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Didn’t Japan attack the US in WW2 because of economic sanctions?

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

If you cannot buy products from another country, you learn to make it yourself
    Sanctions failed to lower South African trade flows from their previous levels, but GNP growth actually accelerated after the European Community and the United States imposed sanctions (in September and October 1986, respectively). Perversely, South African businesses reaped at least $5 billion to $10 billion in windfalls as Western firms dis-invested at fire sale prices between 1984 and 1989.” That’s worth noting every time that sanctions are brought up as a way of undermining a regime or policy that somebody doesn’t like. They rarely work as intended, if they even work at all.</p>
    As a number of observers have noted, there’s a real problem with viewing everything in the world through an American lens.
    –Ukraine finally cracks down on “terrorists” — Interesting that Pro- Russian citizens of Ukraine is being call terrorist. I would say Separatist sounds better. Did you know that the Afrikaans word, Apartheid means separate? Somehow people tend to feel safe living among their own people..

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

McDirk:  Good point.  Everyone I know gets tired of hearing me say if you want to know what tomorrow looks like read history.  Economic sanctions of individuals will not be the same as against a country as a whole.  It does show the weakness of our position that the most we can do is threaten Putin’s friends.  I just don’t know how the banksters want this to play out.  I suspect war to cover the economic situation in the world.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, Russia may have planned this way before but I also think that China was with them in the planning because China has in interest in what the U. S. will do.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

All they have to do is simple , China And Russia say ” Sit down and Shut Up ” or we dump the dollar , like right now .

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Yup thats it pull the mom and dad card!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They may do that anyways! I think they have that planned out too! We just do not know the date.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.