Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Army scientists in May reported finding E. coli bacteria that harbor a gene which renders the antibiotic colistin useless. … Beginning in August, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will use $21 million to expand surveillance at laboratories operated by all 50 state health departments and seven larger regional labs.”

We already have a CDC. What is the U.S. Army doing with genetic research on disease-causing, anti-bacterial resistent bacteria? And while the use of the word “surveillance” doesn’t exactly fit with the sentence that comes right after it in the article, what is with the CDC doing “surveillance” on labs operated by all 50 states as well as regional labs?

The sudden ramping up of “crisis” through antibiotic-resistent bacteria, and the Zika virus, just smells a bit “off” to this old guy who’s been around the block a few times in seven decades. I’m now seeing patterns over time that aren’t necessarily visible to younger folks because they haven’t seen them repeatedly before. But what do I know? I’m just old and paranoid.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Hmmm, a friend of ours is in his native Brazil. Had heart surgery back in May and has been in ICU ever since with two superbug infections etc. And the hospital dumps raw sewage into the ocean there at the Beach which I believe is Copacabana, where tourists are swimming daily. Good chances of spreading bugs far and wide. Makes one want to stay home, avoid travel, and even public places…

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It’s a 24 hour bug. You get dry heaves, feel like **** and maybe have vertigo. Next morning good to go. No point trying to treat it. Viral or bacteria is unknown. When how where is unknown. No antibiotics just lay in bed until it passes. Bugs are everywhere. Basic precautions done obsessively are about all you can do ….. Prepare to fail.
    You’re going to get it one way or the other.

Summer colds are the worst old timer. Quote from the Stand and so true.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.