Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

I saw the first one of these today while sort of watching Fox News. It was interesting enough for me to research it a bit more. Here’s the link to 11 one minute spots that will run from now until the election I believe. They are very impressive and a couple are even moving (to me). They go way beyond what people think the NRA stands for and are all done by NRA members. If you’ve got a minute at a time, these are worth watching.

http://home.nra.org/#/home/video/courage/list/good-guys-tv

While not specifically SHTF related, gun rights and being able to keep them are an important part of most of our preps so I thought it would suffice.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

These next 2 elections are crucial! If we do not reverse the current trends, and HARD, this country is in deep doo-doo. Economically, the fat lady is tuning up, just off stage, and her appearance is guaranteed, shortly. But we can salvage something of our prior greatness for after SHTF. Morally and Politically.

Thanks for links, N.O. I do not have TV so I will check these!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Are there any options in America other than the Democrat/Republican paradigm? Recent history has shown that Dem/Rep Presidents still serve the interests of the elite; the same applies whether there is a Dem or Rep majority in the Congress. The elite are very good at playing both sides of the coin by buying politicians, as well as permanent officials who never get elected at all. I don’t say this to bring despair but to ask a question: Are there political alternatives that will serve the people instead of the vested interests?

I think America needs more than a shift to the Right, which can be undone again a few years later when the Left fights back. America needs a wholesale rethink about what is important, and the removal of those who work against the interests of the people. It seems to me these adverts target that sort of thinking, and I liked them a lot.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Elijah – there are several other minor parties out there; Independent, Libertarian, Constitutional, Green, etc. but the problem is that they are all too small to challeng the status quo parties, let alone oust a large percentage of incumbents. I agree – we are still headed the same direction, one fast and one a little slower. IMO, we should have at least three (maybe more) major parties – making them all equal would help balance things. We also need to work on the system so even if you sign up for a specific party you can still vote for any other party or issue as you see fit. Also, term limits for EVERY office should be enacted to keep politicians from becoming embedded in the system and the following corruption that comes with it.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

elijah wrote:
    Are there any options in America other than the Democrat/Republican paradigm? Recent history has shown that Dem/Rep Presidents still serve the interests of the elite; the same applies whether there is a Dem or Rep majority in the Congress. The elite are very good at playing both sides of the coin by buying politicians, as well as permanent officials who never get elected at all. I don’t say this to bring despair but to ask a question: Are there political alternatives that will serve the people instead of the vested interests?

I think America needs more than a shift to the Right, which can be undone again a few years later when the Left fights back. America needs a wholesale rethink about what is important, and the removal of those who work against the interests of the people. It seems to me these adverts target that sort of thinking, and I liked them a lot.

Astute Observation, Elijah…
    The current best hopes for anything resembling a “third party” are both trends in the Republican Party proper. The “establishment Republicans” are fighting tooth and nail against these. The 2 factions are, in chronological order;
    1. Libertarians infiltrating the Republican Party, with minimal effect (Dr. Ron Paul gained some traction in presidential primaries, but in 2012 the Repubix violated their own rules to shut him out of a possible convention challenge)
    2. TEA Party, stands for “Taxed Enough Already”
    This is a more organic, in-house organization that has sprung up from within. There have been MANY successful “TEA Party” candidates, even beating their demonICrat opponents, and gaining congressional and senate seats. Repubix and demonICrats alike are taking to using underhanded, if not illegal tactics to defeat TEA Party candidates, of late.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

elijah, I agree with you that the to parties have many problems but for right now in Nov we need the Republicans to take over the Senate which would slow down the Obama agenda. What you need to understand is that for now we have a two party system and we need to make sure that when one side goes to fare with there power we need to limit them. By the Republicans getting the Senate this will slow down Obama.

Right now that is the best we can do. I also want better for the future.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Novus Ordo Great video by the NRA, that is why I am a member.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Another way of looking at the system her in the U$A:

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, Funny the problem is I would hit the wall in the center!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.