Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dillon44
    dillon44
    Survivalist
    member1

I came across this forum while surfing the internet and found the content very interesting, so I decided to
    give it a try. I am not a prepper so to speak, I feel things are becoming a little tenuous these days and
    hope to gather information from you guys.
    I live in the Middle of the USA in a small town and have limited experience in survival techniques, again it is my hope i can learn from the people on this site.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome to the forums, dillon44!

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.
    Its a good place to start.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum Dillon. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and start new threads to generate the information you need on a topic.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome to the forum. If your looking for thoughtful thinking. This is the place. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and contribute your thoughts. We are all learning here.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Dillon!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome Dillon. Just jump in on the conversation.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Dillon. If you have some supplies on hand, just in case, then you are more of a prepper than you think. Having some extra food around the house so if your Brother (or Sister or parents) come to see you , you can invite them to stay for supper without having to go to the store first, then you, sir, are a prepper whether you realize it or not. That is only one aspect of prepping
    Do add your 2 cents worth into the conversations where appropriate. Although there are some very bright, learned people on this forum, no one person knows everything so we can all learn from one another. Ron S

Profile photo of dillon44
    dillon44
    Survivalist
    member1

Thank you for your reply and thanks to all the others as well. I really don’t know where to begin, it seems quite
    bewildering, as a rule I do keep some extra can goods but at this point that’s about it.
    When I try to think of everything one would have to have on hand to survive say a trucking strike or
    a terrible storm, that’s where the bewildering point kicks in. What are the most important items that I should
    concentrate on first, other than food ?

Sincerely,
    dillon44 P.S. I’m sure people are shaking their heads at me with good reason.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Dillon,
    No one on this forum is thinking you should have done this, that or anything else. Everyone has their own awakening. There is a book often recommended; “Failure of Civility” that provides most of the basic information you should know. Fundimentaly self preservation in a land without laws is the premise of our preparations. The first thing you should analyse is the your location. Does your location have the necessary elements to be a safe haven if there is no electricity? Will you have a water supply and can you keep it? It doesn’t matter how much stuff you have if it can be taken from you by interlopers.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Dillon, I did not become a prepper overnight. We all start the trip with that first step!
    Welcome
    Robin

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome Dillon44 to the forums!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome , speak your mind without fear .

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Welcome! Kudos to you on reaching out. Start with the basics, keep it simple, and continue with your assessment of how you might be more prepared in light of what you might face in the future. Natural disaster? Economic disruption of various sorts? Perhaps start with 72 hour kit for your car, a get-home bag, personal protection for you and your family, basics of wilderness survival, etc. Important thing is to get started and prioritize. Folks in this forum can be helpful and interesting. Good luck!

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Dillon,

Glad you’re here. I came for two reasons. Long before I knew there was a forum, I’d seen a number of Selco’s posts on the internet where he spoke of his own personal experience living through total chaos, and anarchy of the worst variety. Then when another forum I’d been on for many years went down the tubes, I found out two good member of that forum had migrated here. I’d tried another place briefly, but found too much infighting and willingness to “eat their own” because of egos and just a need to be bullies in a few cases. I didn’t stay there long at all. When I found out two good people form the much older forum were here, I “lurked” for a little while, then decided to join not long ago. While differences in opinion can be somewhat pronounced at times, it’s unlikely you’ll see much in the way of personal attacks. Instead, what you’ll mostly see is a lot of support for ANYone sincerely interested in learning. That’s the criteria, not necessarily having an “approved” political view point, or a great deal of expertise in any given area. Nope – the folks here are generally independent thinkers with good heads on their shoulders, but tolerant of others’ views, and mostly here to contribute to the greater good by choice (not government mandate).

And be aware that this is hardly a U.S.-only “club.” There are some great members from all over the world, with equally great updates on circumstances from such places as Greece, Africa, and other places. Of course “our” own Selco has his experiences with which you’re likely fairly aware by now.

So welcome aboard and enjoy! My limited experience here has been a very positive experience.

Georgia Saint

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.