Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Just a recent example IMHO, ‘preppers’ prepare for everything- but so many neglect to think and prepare for the force of power greater than any man/human, country etc. Keep abreast of what is going on in the natural world and try and notice trends and act/plan accordingly. We, to Mother Nature, are but specks on earth. My cheap 2 cents. (This is just one one so many, many things going on now)

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I agree tweva. I work outside a lot and have for a long time. I do not take heavy jackets out of my truck until May or June and I always have a light jacket somewhere. I can’t tell you how many times I have been working 300 feet in the air in June when it goes from 90 degrees to 50 or 60 degrees. Those are not extreme temperatures but get wet from a rain shower and let that temp drop and it is a big shock to your system. We have a saying here in Texas” If you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes it will change.”

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks so much Matt! But, I myself, (and I admit I know nothing) feel/see Mother Nature ‘on the move’/patterns forming that no one seems to be (ok not many) taking notice of. I guess, i.e. ‘Mother Nature’ ain’t happy with we humans, ‘She’ stands near or close to the hand of ‘God’/whomever runs the world IMHO. Plan and project scenarios all one wishes, better, (to me) to watch MN! I look at the aggregate and I am wondering what are all my preps for in view of her power? Plot the earthquakes, volcanoes erupting/coming to life and other calamities like drought and etc – I see MN speaking (don’t claim to know what she means specifically). I DON’T mean ‘global warming’…I mean MN natural cycles and ways she must use (IMHO) to communicate to us ‘specks’. OK I may be weird in my thinking I admit. But I am seeing patterns and it is worrisome.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I also believe in mother nature and what it can do. Remember I went though Hurricane Andrew so yes it can very strong. God has a plan that we do not know. I pray everyday for all of us(tweva you too) that he protect us and help us though all the bad that is coming are way. When have you ever heard of the land moving in Key West were my sister lives? Well there was an earthquake off of Cuba and the Keys felt it.

I am think of Yellowstone park, when and if that will happen, since Yellowstone can put the hole Earth in the dark for years.

So yes I do think about Mother Nature a lot.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

You are right. God created a balance. He even created filters to clean up our messes but I belive the filters are getting clogged. It’s kinda like a washing machine. It was designed for unbalanced loads but when it gets to far out of wack it really starts making some noise. I also believe it is a sign of the times. The Bible talks about storms, earthquakes and floods. I believe she is just beginning to clear her throat. I believe she will fight right alongside her creator when He returns.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks Freedom and Matt – I don’t feel like I am so crazy to believe what I believe..and pay most of my attention on MN and not the news/’story’ of the day

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

No tweva your not crazy hun, even all the way up here I watch our weather changing.This past winter was one of the worse for us in years. Yet I should have known that it was coming. Last summer was our hotest on record since the 80s. the summer before we had icebergs in the bay in july.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, Please keep posting all of these articles because I do read them! I am telling you because I know that when you post these you think that you are the only one think this way but you are not! You are one of the most prepared here!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, and Gypsy, I was talking with my wife about all this week the nights here in Miami are in the 70’s and we are in May! We would be in the low 80’s, it is summer! What is going on. It is cool at night here.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Right at this very moment this is my temps here in Newfoundland. 30f but feels like 25. In canadian temps that is -1c and feels like -4c. Our record low in 1964 was -6.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Gypsy, That is cold! I would stay in bed or next to the fireplace! I am cold think about it, lol!

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Tweva – thanks for the article.  MN sets records somewhere just about every year – hot or cold so this doesn’t keep me up at night, BUT it definitely should not be discounted as you have pointed out.  I think that you are right on paying close attention.  If you can pattern this you’ll be better than 95% of the weather people on TV!

Gypsy – man that’s cold, and in May!  I had a friend of mine tell me about similar cold in Wisconsin also.  I asked if he was retiring (from military) and going back and he said “NO WAY!”  We’re a bit (okay a lot) spoiled here in SoCal where it rarely freezes and rarely gets triple digits F.  That good weather costs alot though!  Housing, utilities, land, gas, taxes – you pay for it just like a vacation to Hawaii!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Nature has the habit reminding us who is running the show every now and then. Three days earlier Japan and Thailand also had 6.X earthquakes.

Gypsy is there an upside to the cold weather? Maybe it killed most of the mosquitos this year? -1 C in May is crazy.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Nature have its own ways to remind us that we are small and not prepared.

Year or two ago little bit stronger winter storm paralyzed whole region, and show us that many things are actual not important when you are freezing in bus, stuck in the middle of nowhere, or shivering at your home simply because you forgot that electric energy i not so sure thing.

Nature can be good reminder that it make sense to be prepper.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.