Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Thank you for your post. I am always carrying the .380 because it is easy to carry. I need a better caliber carry handgun that I feel good about using and carrying. The S & W .357 revolver that I own is good but only has 6 bullets so it is limited.

Profile photo of foodforthought
    foodforthought
    Survivalist
    member2

Yeah, I like .357s. But i also like the Sig 9mm. So if/when I can afford to carry, I’ll end up going with the 9mm, for its size/weight. I’ve worked on guns for a few years, and that’s my preference

upward and onward

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    I completely agree with you. CCW is easy in the cooler weather but becomes problematic when it’s shorts and tee shirt time. I put my gun in a condor first aid bag if I cant have it on my body. My smallest gun is a PPK clone in 22lr, but I rarely carry it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, this is the problem here in Miami, Florida, weather is almost always hot so only a tee shirt to cover up. This is why i carry the small .380. I really want to carry something more power. Also it is not only tee shirt but also shorts 80% of the year.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Shorts and a tee work fine for me. Something not mentioned is body type. I’m tall and not to heavy so a tee shirt will hang off my body as long as buy a loose fitting shirt. A round shaped body has more difficulty keeping clothing loose or away from the body. The gun prints through. Additionally where you carry the gun makes a difference. I like a kidney carry, other people like the small of the back. The Miami shoulder rig looks good to me as well but I don’t have one. This requires a button down shirt of course.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

freedom wrote:
    Whirlibird, Thank you for your post. I am always carrying the .380 because it is easy to carry. I need a better caliber carry handgun that I feel good about using and carrying. The S & W .357 revolver that I own is good but only has 6 bullets so it is limited.

Free old Buddy, in the meantime you can get some of the 380 +P ammo, some of the newer ones close the gap between good 9mm and standard 380

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes agree, I have hollow points now but will be looking into the best newer ammo on the market to close the gap to make the .380 ammo more powerful. The gun is light weight only has 6 in the mag so I carry an extra mag so I have 12 in total.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    What but style does your 357 have? A square butt is harder to conceal than a round butt. My Ruger Securtiy Six was a square butt. Ruger made round butt Speed Six guns, and the difference between them was only the material they left in the corner of the frame. I ordered Pachmyer Compact round butt grips for the Speed Six and modified the frame to fitt. I’d check the frame of your S&W to see if the same modification could be made to your gun.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Brulen wrote:</div>Whirlibird … Just wondering if you teach a class for armed security guard? In addition to the ccw. I can see all the points you’re making but recently reading Ayoob Deadly Force I was wondering if Zimmerman would not have had to go thru so much B S if he had a armed security guard license.

Where I am I don’t have to specifically list a main ccw gun and of course I have multiple guns that I carry at different times and in different places. I don’t consider .32A to be an all round all purpose gun for every situation I would ever encounter.

Nothing specific, however I have done classes for security/bondsmen before.

There are several problems with a security license, first you are setting yourself up as being more responsible and knowledgeable than the average person. Myself for example, being the instructor, and an ex cop, I am held to a higher standard than the rank and file person. That’s ability and legal knowledge.

Secondly, operating outside your area of responsibility.
    Unless you’re on duty and within your jurisdiction, you have taken everything on, yourself.

Zimmerman was stuck, without video of the incident, and even then, there’s always some argument for deescalation, disparity of size and more.

Right now, it really doesn’t matter some places, the fuses are already lit.
    The mobs, and that’s what they are, are demanding justice, mob justice not legal justice, regardless of the facts or evidence.

Its funny, I watch sharpton and the other race baiters and see nothing more than a klan mob from the ’30’s but a ‘negative’ copy.

Ayoob puts forth some great info, I tend to agree with much of what he says, but one must remember one point, his is an east coast experience. There are different laws and processes in other parts of the country/states, do your research.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Here is another hot weather carry option. Amazon has them at all different price levels.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Woops loaded one twice

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free, That’s a great carry gun! Do you have a good holster? That is another aspect of carrying a handgun is having a proper holster.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, That is been the problem I think. The two holsters I own for it are not good for carry. I need to start looking into that.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

For others in your family , not as familiar or proficient in firearms as you are , the Ruger LC9 is very popular with women . Mostly because accidental discharge is difficult with that pistols safety design . Its also very comfortable in the hand . There has been a lot said about having a round in the tube vs. not having one as a practice . Personally , I think its a bad idea on a daily carry basis . If your expecting the possibility of trouble , it takes little time to rack a round vs. accidents . All my magazine fed firearms at home are loaded , but not charged , even my AK’s , and AK’s are pretty idiot proof because they are so simple , it will take me a split second to charge it . And being left handed , its even faster . Even trained people have accidents , and depending on the situation . Any contact with LEO’s may go better for you if your gun does not have one in the tube . It may sound trivial , but they DO look at things like that , and could be a deciding factor on how they go about treating you .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.