Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

NBC omits “God” from Pledge of Allegiance… again Can you believe this! How can they just change a very important song. NBC and there left wing communist do not believe in God. Remember they are a news media business not a government agency.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/08/nbc-omits-god-from-pledge-allegiance-again/?intcmp=latestnews

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In their quest to be so politically correct so as to not offend a small minority they purposely offend the majority. The Pledge of Allegiance is what it is. If it is offensive to them, then just don’t say anything at all.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse to stand when the national anthem is played. The band plays on. No lock stepping in America anymore. There hasn’t been for a long time. But for some funny reason peeople still think the US is united when it it has fractured into very distinct groups, atheists being one of them.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

All groups can do what ever they want but the National Anthem is not to be changed.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It was changed to include God. ONUG is not the original from what I remember, but I may be wrong.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Eisenhower added it in the 50’s.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>Eisenhower added it in the 50′s.

Added in 1954. During the cold war against the Godless communists.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

See? There you go…. I should have Googled it for the specific year.

I just remembered that it was during all the McCarthism crap that was going on.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There was a nuclear war planned for 1953. That was the last year of complete american nuclear superiority over the commies. But of course the soviets had already gotten the plans thru leaks and spies. McCarthy was essentially right but just doing a rearguard action. From 1954 on the soviets could have successfully attacked the US and killed the whole civilian and military command. The focus turned to retaliation on Russia by the strategic air command and silo based misseles. It really was one nation under God.

Thats all the change in the anthem means. No religious meaning at all, no salvation. An inside joke. A tale told by an idiot or madman. The cold war ended and neo colonial proxy wars began.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen, the fact that it changed many years ago does not mean it should not be recited correctly until such point as it is changed again. Say it correctly or don’t say it at all. Either is OK with me.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

There is a reason that there a pledge or oath of loyalty that public declares your allegiance to your country. It binds those living there into a common group. It allows for a sense of belonging. Now that various groups have ripped all sense of American pride apart, we no longer have that single direction or purpose. This leads to antisocial behavior and a disrespect for anything associated with pride of country. It is pathetic that we have been led to this by certain group’s personal agendas.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    Without question one of the objectives was to eliminate nationalism. The push really got going in the 70’s to tear down the US as the war in Vietnam came to a close. The political left had the media and education supporting them on a lot of the same issues we are dealing still dealing with today.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

They can pass a law proclaiming Obama is God but you can’t force people to say the pledge to him. If I omit under god in the way I say it I am just as correct as you in America. the pledge to the flag is the important part and that is dependent on conscience. If a large segment of the american population refuses to accept being under god to be a citizen it shows good judgement. We don’t accept the divine right of kings in our laws either.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The country was founded under God, the money you spend or get paid with says In God We Trust, The founding fathers used God in all there writings so I thing that if you do not like that then you do have many other countries to go live at. No one here will stop you. You are free to go but do not try to change things that the founding fathers did because you do not believe in God.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

The belief in no God is just as much a religion as the belief in God. Either way doesn’t matter because it is just penis measuring contest to see who’s sniveling and whining will win overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.