Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I want everyone’s opinions on this?

Are Nationwide Walmart Closures Connected to Detention Centers for American Citizens

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Calling bullshit on it . Same thing with the FEMA camps , when I lived in Az , there were web site after web site saying where they were ……………………guess what ? , nothing but desert , same thing in other states , they are nowhere to be found , people have looked and there is nothing .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

OK that is good news.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

This is an old story from last year. I will admit that the way those 5 stores were closed seems very odd and wasteful which is not Walmart’s modus operandi. Nothing about it made any sense, yet Walmart has thousands of stores so closing a few for renovations is not in and of itself unusual. It was just the manner in which they did it. There was some speculation that the closing were in retaliation for labor disputes.

All that said, I could see FEMA or DHS partnering with Walmart as part of a national emergency system. There is no corporation with the breadth of locations, large facilities, and communication/distribution systems that Walmart has. Walmart would be the logical choice, but the question remains in exactly what manner would they be used.

I agree with Tolik on the FEMA camp thing. Not a single one has been found anywhere despite the claims of them being all over the place.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

How many people would really be able to fit in just five Walmarts spread across the country – and as has been pointed out, we first heard this emergency horror story last year. Now it’s the latter part of this year – and what’s happened? Well, these same five stores began reopening late LAST year. Here are two stories from as early as the beginning of September 2015:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/brandon-walmart-prepares-for-fall-reopening/235242650

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/wal-mart-to-reopen-5-stores-closed-for-plumbing-issues-that-became-a-labor-dispute.html/

And here’s the closed Tulsa store in November 2015 (open now – just months after the closure, and well within the time frame Walmart originally said they’d be closing the five stores):

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/get-a-look-inside-the-renovated-wal-mart-that-was/article_52e00ecc-3f5c-5ba6-9918-73d7926ff4eb.html

These kinds of end-of-the-world government conspiracy stories do “our” side no good at all. My theory is that the people that make up these stories are the pros on the OTHER side, creating disinformation that feeds into the more distrustful within the “conservative” side of the population, and then the purveyors of this cr@p can turn it all back around to make “us” look like a bunch of idiots. Again – there are whole MALLS that are empty, all across the nation, some that have already been bulldozed (a major one just south of Atlanta is now level dirt – the old Shenandoah ooops, Shannon Mall!). Why close a totally insignificant number of Walmart stores as part of some conspiracy aimed at the general population of 320 million people spread across this vast land? And building a tunnel system under them??? To what/where?

More evidence? Just one more – I’m not going to waste any more time on this, but here’s the Pico Rivera (California) store that reopened at the beginning of November – also in time for Christmas sales:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-walmart-pico-rivera-20151106-story.html

If they can make “us” look stupid with enough fake conspiracy stories, then they can turn us into the little boy that cried wolf, and when the one “we’re” right about comes to pass, no one will be listening – our credibility is fast becoming shot through because of all the bogus stories, while we’ve got real, solid, fact-based evidence of other serious things brewing and even apparently near to boiling over. We need to quit putting more holes in our own feet with these kinds of stories that – with just a tiny bit of search engine research – can be EASILY put to rest.

[“But I SAW it on the INTERNET!!!”] LOL!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Walmart did a bunch of changes last year, management restructuring, shutting down unprofitable stores and some that might otherwise have had issues.

It’s Walmart, people don’t see past the cheap stuff.

One CO store wrote off some 1.3 million in stolen goods last year, and it wasn’t the worst.
    Too high a percentage and the store is no longer profitable when wages and the rest are considered.

People don’t consider that they are hurting themselves when they steal, Walmart or other places. Eventually the retailer gives up and you may have nothing. There go local jobs, fairly decent paying jobs.
    The spiral quickens from there.

Anyway, there was a lot more to those closures than most have a clue about. And that’s just the financial/management side.

But with all due respect to Alex Jones or (insert paranoid theorist name here ) and possible paranoid conspiracy theories, this has a lot more to do with people getting themselves so far in the hole and finances, than some .Gov takeover or scheme.

As far as DHS or FEMA being in cahoots with Walmart on something? Let’s just say that I’m not the bit concerned. In fact, just the thought, I haven’t laughed out loud in ages, until then.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

As far as DHS or FEMA being in cahoots with Walmart on something? Let’s just say that I’m not the bit concerned. In fact, just the thought, I haven’t laughed out loud in ages, until then.

Now Whirlibird, just think about it for a moment. The internal evidence may actually SUPPORT the theory that DHS and/or FEMA are in cahoots with Walmart. After all, their management practices do seem to have a lot in common (like idiocy and short-sightedness). And Walmart/Sam’s is, after all, headquartered in the great State of Clintonia. LOL!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

All I said is that Walmart has the facilities, geographic reach and systemic infrastructure and expertise that would make them the only corporation that FEMA and DHS might partner with for some future national emergency. Nobody else, including UPS and Fedex can do what Walmart can do. Nor can FEMA or DHS manage a nationwide materials movement & inventory allocation scheme. Their capabilities are strictly with small scale regional events. What I am saying here is a far cry from the crazy conspiracy detention camp stuff that was part of the Walmart story last year.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MB, if you were perceiving a criticism of your post, it certainly wasn’t coming from this direction, and to be honest, I didn’t see one from WB either. You may be right about the regional distribution issue, but overall they’ve shown that their large-scale planning is something less than brilliant. Not only nationally, but internationally they’ve made some pretty poor business decisions. Just look at the list of 154 stores closing in the US, which is part of 269 stores closing worldwide. Yes, they’re opening a lot more, but look at what they did. A very large number of these US stores are in small towns that are dying. Walmart swooped into town, drove the small businesses out of business as the towns were in trouble, then they pulled up stakes leaving even more people out of work in an already weakened town. (Of course some might say they are contributing mightily to the Cloward Piven strategy, but that’s a whole ‘nother conspiracy theory….)

They’re no better at helping the nation or the world than FEMA or DHS. It’s solely about money and power – certainly not altruism. And they’re proving they’re not even all that good at the money and power angle, except where it includes destruction of economies.

GS

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Walmart has the facilities, geographic reach and systemic infrastructure and expertise that would make them the only corporation that FEMA and DHS might partner with for some future national emergency. Nobody else, including UPS and Fedex can do what Walmart can do. Nor can FEMA or DHS manage a nationwide materials movement & inventory allocation scheme”

I would seriously question whether any Government agencies have people smart enough to establish the ties and cooperation required to pull that off. 75 years ago, no question, but now?

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

74, even 50 or 25 years ago there were some good, decent, intelligent people in government service who did take pride in their work, though too many people were coming into civil service who just wanted a paycheck and guaranteed retirement. After the old CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System) went out in the 1980s and was replaced by FERS (Federal Employee Retirement System), they still attracted more than enough of the lazy freeloaders who were too young to be forward-thinking enough to realize that the new system was no great deal (not bad, but certainly a downgrade from the old CSRS system). As time went on over the last quarter century, corruption got more and more rampant in government (the employee side, not just the elected officials), and the dirty-playing, power-hungry people bubbled to the top.

There are indeed very few people left anymore with the combination of integrity, intelligence, and true public-servant mindset that used to be there. Institutionally, the U.S. Federal Government simply cannot be assumed to be out for the citizens’ best interests (do so at your own peril), despite exceptional people that are stuck in dead-end positions here and there – who used to care, but are fast losing even that, now just waiting for the magic age/number of years combination to halfway decently retire. I would NEVER recommend either the military or government service to anyone as a career anymore. And that pains me.

GS

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Let’s just say I have a somewhat unique perspective on Wally world.

Bluntly, I am not the slightest bit concerned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.