Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Rob,I believe the Man was looking out for you.  Glad you persevered Brother.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Profile photo of Hillbilly
    Hillbilly
    Survivalist
    member3

I started out going to share with ya’ll about the time the power was out for 21 days, cause of a snowstorm, but after reading Ici Lewis’s story I guess I’ll go with my cancer story…Back about 6 years ago I owned a campground. As a new owner I worked my ass off 14 to 18 hours a day. This went on from may to the following may or june. I started to just run low on energy, it got worse and worse. Then one day my shoulder went numb, after a few days it got painful and I felt crappy anyway. I had no idea what was wrong with me, Well as any good wife does, she made me go to my doctor. He didn’t know what the hell was wrong either but he prescribed some pain pills and I took em as I was in pain. For the next two months all that happened is I got worse,lost weight and took even more pain pills.
    I went from a solid 235lbs down to 180, finally my wife had me see a doctor client of hers as she was in real estate at the time. He said, and I’ll never forget his words, it would be a shame to miss a cancer..
    By now I had two frozen shoulders that hurt like hell and I didn’t give a damn about the cancer. Silly me, because now I was down to 165 lbs, and people I’d known a long time didn’t recognize me, I thought I was losing my mind too.Running out of room here so I’ll make it short, I lost a kidney, surgery. 2 weeks in a hospital, but that was the easy part. The rehab on my shoulders was my hell like experience. 2 bilateral manipulations and one more on my left, 6 months of brutal rehab. The cancer 4th stage wasn’t nothing compared to the shoulder trouble, oh and the hands too. It all seems so long ago, but here I am, not the man I use to be, but compared to then I’m about 85% – a kidney, but I’m happy. There’s a lot more, like I lost the business, financial. Almost my house& property due to a forest fire while I was in the hospital.Good thing for family, they took care of the homestead when I could not. If this had happened during SHTF, I would not have made it…From when I went in my wife never left my side, she stayed in the hospital with me! Would NOT go when the staff told her to.I couldn’t even push the call button for the nurse’s. That’s my story.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hillbilly – Well God Bless you – what a time of it you had! You are so very lucky to have such a good, loyal wide and family to stand beside you.

I wonder what the connection is between kidneys and frozen shoulders. My youngest brother has been a type 1 diabetic since 8 years old – twice daily insulin etc. He is in his 40’s now, diabetes effects kidneys, and he suffered through two frozen shoulders, surgery, rehab etc as well (no cancer however). Had this big sleeve/cover they placed on his shoulder and arm with a machine that pumped cold through it – said he didn’t know what he would have done without it.

I am glad you came out the other side of your ordeals, survived and are happy. Thanks so much for sharing your story. Yes, without our health everything goes to heck in a domino effect.

Profile photo of Hillbilly
    Hillbilly
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks Tweva, I don’t know the relation between the two, from what we understood…I had a tumor metastasis onto the kidney, the kidney was functional, they just couldn’t separate the two, so the kidney went along with part of my colon. I’m a five year + survivor, and just fine now. My left shoulder still gives me a little trouble, and my left hand too
    I’m interested in the sleeve thing your brother had. They say “What Doesn’t Kill You, Makes You Stronger” I have better advice.. Just lift weights and exercise and to hell with illnesses.
    Yea that wife of mine is something special, you should have seen her caring for our team of draft horse’s. 2000 lbs each, and heres Kat all of 125 lbs working and caring for these two monsters. I have three big strong sons as well, but they were working and in school most of that time.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hillbilly – I’m sure your draft horses love your wife and act like babies around her (as much as possible given their size). I have a draft cross, but he is young and not up to full size quite yet – and he is a big baby.

Here is the home version of the cold shoulder equipment thing my brother was given from the hospital after his surgeries – he has this version when it flares up and bothers him (usually after hauling wood stoves and other heavy stuff about). You might want to investigate it – there are other places to buy it – but I didn’t compare any prices. Hope it might help.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.