Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Getting ready to head out to fields. Looked what I was doing. This may help others like me.
    Wearing women’s high heels in youth. Trips and falls on cargo ships and around the dock. Moving furniture – lots. Riding horses. Working with cattle and sheep. Cutting firewood. Lifting hay bales, rocks, animals, lumber. Life on a farm. Catches up with you. Back, neck, hand and foot surgeries. Arthritis, bone spurs, sore joints, sore muscles. Check.

How do I do what I do on the farm? Do I stagger around and complain of pain in my joints and muscles? Surprising to many – no (well unless I push a known weak joint while doing something – rare – have learned to compensate) (Normal disclaimer – not Dr. – my experience only – consult your physician, and read respected sources and educate your self. You are responsible for your own health not me)

Castor Oil. Pure, natural castor oil (buy it online from Baer or a natural health food store – not all castor oil is processed the same) and castor oil packs when needed. And, apple cider vinegar. Four tablespoons a day (2 tbls in a glass of water twice a day)

Apple cider vinegar helps neutralize the pH in your body, keep it from getting out of balance and overly acidic. The reason for that. Helps keep bone spurs from growing. Since doing this I have not had any more develop in a joint.

I use castor oil packs when needed. But, everyday I use a product called Castiva now (Target/WalMart) . Castor oil is thick and sticky stuff and it will stain anything it touches – it will not wash out of your clothes. So I use Castiva (contains castor oil and Capcacin (heat) or they have a castor oil and wintergreen (cool) ) every darn day. I slather in on my feet before I put on socks and boots – and my hands before I put on my work gloves.

The only other thing I can say is, be aware, when you first start using it stay near a bathroom for the first few days as it will clean you out! It’s most known use is, afterall, as a constipation remedy. After a few days the body adjusts. Well worth being pain free. My experience.

Castor oil has many, many uses health wise – and many, many uses in industry. It is a great, often used lubricant for you mechanical people and does not get hot.

Check it out when you have time and consider stocking some up. Seriously couldn’t do all I do without it.

Here’s a good link I found that can give you more details and tell you how to make and use castor oil packs.

Others experiences

Really hope it helps someone. Have a good,productive day.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Tweva I am going to have to try this out. I like you have worked hard in my life and in my youth was not overly friendly to my body LOL. (rodeo, dirt bikes, football.) I am not old but have noticed at 37 things don’t work like they used to. Thank you.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hope it helps Matt. Be consistent for at least 2 weeks to give it a fair shot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.