Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

I know with 100% certainty that if was not a firm believer in God and His laws, I would not be alive today. My certainty is based on the fact that after my wife of 20 years divorced me and turned my children against me, I was profoundly depressed to the point where I considered taking my own life.

The only reason I didn’t was because I remembered that murder is a sin, and suicide is murder.  I am not yet clear as to what God has in mind for me but I ask for His guidance daily so I may be the servant to Him that He calls us all to be.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Glad that your faith helped you Ghost! I never had anything I would consider faith or spirituality but I understand that this can provide great guiding principles to live your life. Where I grew up most people are Christians but that was just on the paper and I didn’t know anyone who really went to church on a regular basis.

Some good and beneficial principles people would stick to could really help in the times we line in now. Seems like consumerism is the new religion of choice.

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but is there a way how you try to find out what God might have in mind for you?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Ghost for sharing this with us. Each one of us had hard moments in life, and each one of us find some kind of reason and way to continue with life and find new sense after those hard time.

I do think that there is a reason to live always, and things to get done.

Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

To Jay,

Jay,

My friend, at my point in life there are NO stupid questions. The worst question is the one that is not asked, so ask away.

In all honestly, I have searched for the answer to your question. So far I am not aware of what He has in mind for me specifically. What I do feel most clearly is that He has led me to this point where my love of the principles upon which our country was founded are fierce motivators for me, so much so that I will gladly give my life in the cause to restore our rightful inheritance which is a Constitutional Republic founded solidly upon the principles found in the Bible. Of that one thing I am absolutely certain.  To be clear, I do not enter this fight for myself but for my children and their children, for to do less than be ready to give my life for their freedom would make me no different from the traitors I despise. I know my biological father in Heaven would disown me if I faltered in this task as he spent 2+ years in the Phillipines in WWII fighting the militarists who, like the traitors in the US, betrayed the the principles upon which our countries were founded solely to push their own personal agenda of power at any cost.

So if that is His wish for me, then I submit and take it on wholeheartedly.

Does this approach an answer to your excellent question Jay?

Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Selco,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Yes, I have come to know that we all have struggles in our lives, even if we never acknowledge them to anyone.  And yes I agree that we must find a reason to live for without purpose, life truly is meaningless.

In my own case, my purpose is to serve God and to serve my country, in that order. If I can accomplish those two tasks effectively, than I will consider my life to have been worth something. I pray that my children come to realize the good in me despite my failings.

Yes, there is a reason to live always, but many seem unable to find that reason and spend lives in worthless pursuits that amount to nothing.  I know you are not one of those and I strive not to be one either.

Respectfully,
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.