Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

In case you all were wondering where I’ve been, my father passed away on Monday after a long battle with Parkinson’s. He was 83…

Back home for just a day or two, to square things away… he will be laid to rest on Monday at a national cemetery nearby with full military honors (including a horse-drawn caisson, a riderless horse with boots reversed, honor guard and 21 gun salute… which I think is extremely dignified).

Of course, everyone is invited back here afterwards, so we have to make everything look nice now, since there won’t be time later… which means I won’t have any time for posting anything until after Monday sometime… still have to deal with catering, lining up tables and chairs, making everything look just “so” for the guests… still have to go to the national cemetery and hand-deliver some paperwork that got overlooked, make sure that they reserve a spot for Mama (as the spouse of the deceased, she rates a spot next to Daddy), find out where everyone needs to park, etc, etc.. about 10 billion things to do before Monday…

By the way… Daddy was a Korean War vet. A combat photographer. Toughest man I ever knew. I really don’t think men of his mettle will be seen on this earth again… it was his time, and his passing is a mercy. I don’t think he much liked the direction this Republic has been going in… or where it’s headed. I don’t think he would have wanted to live to see what’s coming down the pike at us…

If you all have time and think to remember, just hoist a glass in honor of an old warhorse. I’d be much obliged.

Mal

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus,
    Sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest sympathy.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Malgus, truthfully, I didnot know whether yr brief abscense was due to an obligatoryily sense ofv ..whatever…or what. But I did ‘ feel’, maybe a ‘chivkthing’? …astorey was in the wingd. My mostbheartfelt condolences Sir M…but try n find peace knowing yr father lovedu Iif a bit grumpy :)…) man. I can sense he beyond loves.. he adored his son..you M…and wondered how he was so fortunate to hold your love and high regard between his palms. He IS atpeace M.. he does know how much u love him. U will meet again. G od bless. LBreath. PRAYERS for yr peaceful acceptance be with you. Thank u for considering yr many friends here concern atbyr abscence. Tweva
    more than he and the era he was raised in, cud ever edpress, Know he is so very proud of his son, his abilities, his intelligenfe…and rests at easenknowing, yet amazed,…is a father to such an erudite, ~well-considered, well spoken (

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Darn tablet..even with stylus msg all screwed up. So dorry, M ..be well..many hearts travel with u…Tweva

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks y’all.. really. It’s appreciated… kinda busy, but…

Real fast.. thought you all might like this… no idea what those folks are saying, but it’s pretty…

edit- I remember this from Kingdom of Heaven when Baldwin, the King of Jerusalem died.. thought it was pretty…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Really beautiful. Time to take a moment and be grateful for everything we have.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

My condolences I will raise a glass to your father.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

My sincere condolences to you and your family, brother.

For your dad:

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

I am sorry to hear your father passed away. I wish you all the best in dealing with the funeral.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I am sorry for your loss Malgus.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

My prayers are with you.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, I am very sorry for the great lose of your father. I do believe you will see him again in the future with God. Condolences to you and your family.

My grandfather also had Parkinson so I know a little about it. May God bless you and your family.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A toast for the fallen.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Malgus – deepest sympathies brother. Glad that your dad is getting his just deserved send off, as all veterans should for serving. Take all the time you need and make sure you take some time for yourself also – we’ll all still be here when you return. I’ve been there with my mom too so I’ll talk to the Man Upstairs for you although I’m sure he’s got your dad’s place already prepared.

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

My sympathies for you and yours. A burial with military honors is a very special thing. My father-in-law, a WWII vet, had that and it was very moving.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.