Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of amagra11
    amagra11
    Survivalist
    member1

Ah…just saw your other post! Gracias…

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Can’t wait to read the ‘bigger picture’ story here, I think it is much more than hot sauce…

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Amagra,

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you.

How do you deal with people (prisoners, in this case) who want what you have?

Most people are reasonable. They know consequences will follow if they get caught. Most people don’t like consequences, especially if they don’t know what they are specifically. Contrary to what most people think, your average criminal is just like you or me–made a crappy choice and now there they are. As such, they aren’t looking for an ass-kicking any more than you are.

Do you just belong to a bigger gang than they do?

In the US, inmates segregate themselves based on race due to hate-crime laws (automatic 10+ years for violence on someone of another race).

There were gangs, but that was superseded by the race aspect. For instance, there were a few Crips and a few Bloods, but since all of them were black, they all stuck together and kept the beef for back on the streets.

Then, there are prison gangs, which are gangs within each race who essentially plan on being in jail for a long time. If you stick to yourself, they largely get that you want to be left alone and go about your business. DO NOT JOIN THESE GANGS!

Do you negotiate, and does negotiating ever work?

Negotiating always worked, or there wasn’t a deal.

in the case of guards, if they have all the power and they want what you have, how do you deal with it?

The guards didn’t want what we had. We were scum. The short version, though, is you essentially have to do whatever they say. Period. Otherwise, you get a little “flashlight therapy,” in which they club you with their heavy-duty MagLites and they “forget” your release date. That’s optimal outcome. I won’t get into what the worst was, but it was significantly worse than that.

When everything and everyone seems to be going wrong, how do you not give up hope?

My family, and knowing that sometime soon, things would end. Not only would they end, but I would tell myself, “In just a little while, you’ll have a new best-day-of-your-life.” That actually helped keep things in perspective. That said, everyone gets some level of depression. Even the biggest, baddest dudes in there would cry occasionally at night, according to their cellies (cellmates). You just can’t ever let anyone see it, or you’re done. You have to keep it for the rare moment when you are by yourself, and no one will hear you or see that you’ve lost it.

Hope that helps!

Profile photo of Kollaps
    Kollaps
    Survivalist
    member3

Hi Toby,

I’m not sure what you mean. Is there anything specifically you’d like to know about?

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

In the field there are two things I never would loan:
    1. Tabasco
    2. Nipple for your canteen.

Robin

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Excellent article, kollaps, appreciate you sharing. Ps, Tobasco sauce is definitely going to be added to ‘the list.’ lol I hadn’t thought of that.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Kollaps,
    Tweva made a post a few days ago about being kidnapped or imprisoned. There was some response but not a lot. A SHTF situation may not be a physical prison but circumstances could keep you confined to a small space for a long time. I believe you understand dealing with this as well as anyone here. If not here then in Tweva’s post could you elaborate more on techniques for coping with imprisonment and harsh treatment? One other question. Did you ever think about trying to escape?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Maglus ,

MRE = Meals Refused by Ethiopians

I have eaten MRE’s , they remind me of a public school cafeteria in the 1970s  crossed with a bad TV dinner , Foreign ones are better , not as processed , but if I had to choose an MRE , it would be the LRRP freeze dried over the standard crapola . Even then , it would be swimming in hot sauce after awhile .

As a southwesterner , I grew up with hot sauce and chili everything , not to have it is painful to us . That is one thing I stock up on in bulk , from nuclear habanaro sauces , to classic tabasco , to the mexican varieties . Then there is chili powder of every shade of red and brown , from sweet and mild , to ass burner . But it does make almost any food your stuck with edible . Curry is another one in the right situation , I like the flavor but cant stand the smell , so I stick to chili .

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.