Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Just noticed it’s a bit quiet in here. I’ll have a day for every sort of music, from Dead Can Dance to Kill Hannah, Type O Negative to Liszt, Mari Boine to Stevie Ray, and The Sound to Buddy Guy.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Not bad Morning :) I like Dead Can dance and Type O Negative.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Soviet military marches .

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Tolik….unh, unh, unh….):  Made me smile

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

LOL ,  actually I do listen to them sometimes , their music has wonderful vocals . Most of them are from red army choir .

Farewell of Slavianka , other ones , then believe it or not ….there is actually a country bluegrass band , considering where they are from , they are not bad .

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

Reminds me of Hunt for the Red October, eerie moment inside the sub. I also like the Rustavi Ensemble, a Georgian choir. And the monks of Valaam, with their Agni Parthene poliphony. Will post both later on.

How about this? Martial lyrics, neo-folksy tune… I recommend every album .

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Something similar Tolik, something that people here use to sing on WW2 victory parades, school choirs and similar :)

Yugoslavian partisans.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I used to spend a great deal of time in my youth playing several instruments in bands and chorale groups. Can’t remember the names of the books, but remember reading several that discussed research into the effects of different types of music (not the style per se, but the construction of it so to speak) on people and one book, in particular, on crowds of people. Never forgot it. The books described some of the similarities in different countries ‘war’ music as I recall.

Ever since then I try to be aware of what music I listen to after reading these books and watching myself and the effects certain music would have on me. I can definitely change my mood and energy level and clarity of thought simply by changing the music I expose myself to.

Music is vibration, vibration creates energy and the energy effects the cells in my body is how I think about it. It is as important almost to me as the choosing the food that I eat.

Mostly I prefer quiet and silence. If I choose music while I work non-physically it is usually Mozart. If I need to ramp up my energy level quickly I choose favorites that have a strong, quick ‘beat’ – my mother used to call it my ‘peppy’ music! I will no longer listen to any sad, soulful, ballad or country western music. Simply, because I have watched my own self, and for me, I don’t like the effect it has on me or the turn it makes my thoughts take.

In the past music has been used my those in power to sway the masses…I just choose to listen now only to what effects me positively ifI listen at all any more.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Great topic. I love pretty much all sorts of music. From rock to electronic, dubstep and soul to easy listening. These days I mostly listen to online radio. When it comes to something like “survival soundtracks” I recommend to search for “epic music” on youtube. You ll end up with endless mixes of soundtracks.

(Wait until 1:05 in the mix below!!!) :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of morning
    morning
    Medic
    rprepper

A few more examples of what populates my frequent 15-minute drives.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Those of you who follow The Bridge will know this music..

Just really outstanding…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.kongos.com/lyrics/lunatic/heyidontknow.html

Read the words..
    Tears are shed, a shame
    I should have known
    I should have thought
    I could have thought
    Before I cast that stone

The waves radiate far and wide
    There’s a ringing in my ears
    For a minute
    I think I’m going blind

The hordes overrun in a clean sweep
    Destroying everything that was built
    Where’s the glory in making mothers weep?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm, some different stuff there.

While at the shop today, had Jimmy Buffett, Dean Martin and Sinatra cranked.
    It annoys the little illegal punks next door. They turn up their car stereos and peel out of the parking lot, generally to find a state trooper sitting there.

And a lot of my customers enjoy the classics. Long as they keep spending money, I’m not gonna complain.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Leopard,
    Those guys local to you?

They have a Johnny Clegg sound to them.
    If my memory is working.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

KONGOS are from South Africa – http://www.kongos.com/home Yes, Whirlibird that is how real typical African music sounds like if you would walk into black rural village – listen at 2 min on this video “Its a good life” like Johnny Clegg music : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSRK2goztaI

An alternative rock band consisting of four brothers: Johnny, Jesse, Dylan and Daniel Kongos. They spent their childhoods in the city of London and in South Africa. They compose, record and perform in Phoenix, Arizona. The four men are the sons of John Kongos. They are of Greek origin and have attended the school in Gauteng, South Africa.

This I use for “‘peppy’ music!” Tweva. hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.