Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

A very funny, and somewhat sad, look at how we’re regarded – at best – as milk cows to be used to fund municipalities via tickets, fees, etc… at worst, people end up on a hamster wheel of payments they cannot possibly hope to pay off…

WARNING: CRUDE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS VIDEO.

Don’t watch it if the occasional “F-bomb” offends you…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I call these “Municipal Violations” nothing more than an impromptu tax.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

sled,

You’re more polite than I am.

I consider them nothing less than armed robbery under Color of Law by Agents of the State… even if they are clearly wrong and you are clearly right, if you resist – even verbally – you get cuffed and stuffed. Worse, you might get shot dead.

HE WAS COMIN’ RIGHT FOR US!!

Isn’t that the usual line of BS they say to cover their a$$es?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Will Malgus here in Miami Florida, you have the traffic cameras which take your image of your car and send you a ticket even if you were not driving you car. My wife was driving and went on a yellow but the car in front of her had to stop because of an animal crossing the street so the light turned to red, red light ticket even tho she did not take a red light.
    Then you have all the highways with tolls everywhere, going on, going out, and every other way you go so by the time you get to were you where going it adds up to $3 to $5 and then you have to pay the same to go back. Oh if you do not have the SunPass system that bills you direct well no problem my friend they will send it to you at home with an additional charge of $2.50 and they send you all the images. Total control is here already.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

And to think we overthrew our last government for only a 2.4% tax.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh I forgot to say that the ticket came under my name not my wife since the car is under my name! Well how can they give a ticket to a car and not a person?

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Again….. Impromptu tax.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

free,

I’m well acquainted with automated radar cameras.

They’re all over the place in Germany. They call them “Blitz-kamera”. “Blitz” meaning lightning flash. In fact, I have personally witnessed two German police setting up a portable blitz-kamera in some bushes along the side of the road, then draping a camouflage net over it… so totally not fair!!

However, folks do not take this sort of thing laying down… those cameras are the most hated things in Germany.

(I offer the following as anecdotal ONLY! I am NOT telling anyone to do this. If you do these things and get caught, that’s on you… I wash my hands of ye… )

I was driving home one night and I knew there was a blitz-kamera on my route home. So, I slowed down so I wouldn’t get nailed for a ticket. I came around a certain bend in the road, and there was the camera merrily burning away!

Seems one of the locals went and bought a plastic squeeze bottle of Ronson lighter fuel and squirted it in the top of the camera until it ran out the bottom. Then lit the camera on fire. It was burning like a Tikki Torch when I happened to pass by. Laughed all the way home. The burnt out camera was gone the next day. I don’t think they ever replaced it…

Another time, we were sitting on the balcony of our apartment in Bernhausen and having a few beers. I just sat and watched – with great amusement, I have to add – as a group of 20-somethings went tear-assing up and down the street, tripping the blitz-camera. They had the license plates cardboarded up and Fasching masks on. Every time the camera flashed, they were flipping off the camera, dropping trou and mooning the camera, as well as other things I won’t go into…

Other brave souls have taken to literally shooting them. This occurs out in the country almost exclusively… you’ll drive past a blitz-camera and notice that the glass face and lens has been blown out by a shotgun blast (lead pellets out of a tube with no rifling literally cannot be matched to any particular shotgun. If you police up your spent case, then there’s that much less for them to go on)…

Just saying that these things happen… not advocating that people set things on fire or shoot them.

But I do understand why such things happen… :)

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Malgus

People in Europe are allowed to have guns?

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

sled,

The Germans are. Or, at least were… when I was there anyways.

Yes, it takes a bit of doing – paperwork, fees, blah, blah – but there are plenty of gun owners and even – believe it or not – reloaders in Germany. They’re not in the numbers they are here, but they exist.

As I was leaving Germany, they were trying to tighten the screws, but I do not know how successful they were. That was 15 years ago.

And, like anywhere, if you want something badly enough, you can get it. Legally, illegally or learn to make it yourself.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Yea. I guess there are probably a lot of illegal firearms that have slipped over from the Eastern European countries. Never been on that side of the world, but I know how freaked out many people in Asia were that we carried firearms around. Should have seen the people in Tokyo airport when a few of us had to carry weapon systems through the terminals to get to our ride while I was active duty….. That was actually a highlight in my military career.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

In Phoenix , they used to have photo radar , the public created such a stink that they were forced to get rid of them . It can be stopped . This is Arizona , so a few of them actually got shot out before they pulled them off duty . Another thing they tried to do , were toll roads ………fortunately , enough of the Eastern transplants let us know how bad that was , if it gets in , you cant get rid of them ……………so it was shot down before it even got started ……thank god . Keep your yankee ideas in yankee land .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.