Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Bean sprouting with Mung beans is a very easy thing to do and all of it can be done in the house.

First thing is get a big pasta sauce bottle or buy a bottle with a wide month top. Open small holes on the cap of the bottle, see the image.
    Top of the bottle cap

Add about ½” of Mung beans and add ½ of the bottle with water and let it sit over night. Image below,
    Bottle with water and Mung Beans

The next day you drain the water out. Then you add water two times an drain it the two times, leave the bottle on it’s side with no water. All water has been drained. You will see a small amount of sprouting happening the next day. image below,
    Bottles on there side

The container that you use needs to have small holes opened in the bottom so water will drain. Image below,
    Container
    Container with bottom holes

On day three use a container to lay the Mung beans on the bottom of the container.
    See image,
    Mung Beans in Container

Then add on top four paper towels, two on each side and wet them with water, I wet them two times a day. See images,
    Container paper towel one side
    Container Paper Towel the two sides
    Container watered with paper towels

On day five you will have bean sprout, look at the image.
    Mung Beans Sprouted
    More bean sprouts

So you are done. Time to have some bean sprouts.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Make sure to put them in the refrigerator after you clean them all.

nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

Wow. That’s a lot of sprouts for such a small amount of mung beans. I just bought some garbonzo beans for sprouting earlier today. This post came just in time. Nice pictures too.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

nlouise, Yes the Mung beans start small but you get a lot of sprouting. Let me know hot your garbonzo bean sprouting goes. If you can post here an image once the sprout that would be great.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

My sweety , sometimes used Mung beans in her Borscht . Very good .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.