Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Male, 36 years old, Wisconsin, USA.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have been into survival ever sense I able to go out into the world myself and learn. I grew up on a corn farm in Northern Indiana and was raised to be self reliant. From there I joined the U.S. Military and further my survival education. The reason that I am into survival and preparedness is that as a realist, it makes sense. The way the world is going and the leaders are too busy trying to please everyone instead of the country that they are sworn to protect. There will be a Red Dawn situation and or WW3 coming soon and I want to be ready when it does.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

I want to safeguard my family. I want my kids and hopefully their kids to grow up in relative safety. I will not stand by and watch the security of my country go down the tube because of political correctness. I need to safeguard what I can and have. I am basically preparing for a Red Dawn scenario. Like the movie Red Dawn. It may not be uniformed troops parachuting down into a town or city but the enemy is already here and once they get enough weapons, supplies and personnel then they will strike. I am also learning how to live without power. Since the U.S. Power grid is rated at a D+. All it will take is two or three HEMP (High Electromatic Pulse) bombs to knock out all or most of the power grid for the US.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I would describe my prepping/survival strategy as one of proactive. I have hundreds of manuals ranging from counter-insurgency to farming and all of them are printed off into books because there might not be power. I am teaching my wife how to cook with what we have in the fallout shelter and we spend one week in there every three months to get used to living and eating with what we have. I also have a map of Wisconsin, which I have marked to show all of the chemical stations, water stations, power plants, nuclear facilities, (if any), nearest farms and nearest farms with livestock.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

I like the old Latin proverb; “If there is no wind, row.” Meaning that if no one can help you then get off your butt and do it yourself.

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

“Don’t step over there.” Just kidding. I would like to say something to the effect that “I hope I lead you all to safety and that you all will have a good life. I love you dear and I love you too boys. I will miss you and you will miss me but remember I will always be with you in your spirit and in your training.”

"It is not that I can and others can't. It is that I will and others won't."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome !

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome, please enjoy and contribute your knowledge.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

This having been flagrant enough to be declared a duplicate post by the Forum Police, it is hereby edited as follows, in order to keep the peace occifers peaceful:

You’re doing the right things for yourself and your family, Ernst. It’s STILL good to have you here despite the fact that, late at night, I already said it in another thread. ;)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Duplicate post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Welcome, Ernst. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Welcome Leopard.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Ernst, glad to have you here!

Thank you very much Selco! I am enjoying myself!

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome Ernst to the Forum!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

This having been flagrant enough to be declared a duplicate post by the Forum Police, it is hereby edited as follows, in order to keep the peace occifers peaceful:

You’re doing the right things for yourself and your family, Ernst. It’s STILL good to have you here despite the fact that, late at night, I already said it in another thread. ;)

Actually, that was my post that was duplicated, seems like I deleted both though.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Another example of appearance NOT being everything, resulting in another example of breaking down the word “ass|u|me” into its three component parts – this time on my part. Thanks for the clarification. ;)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.