Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

I have this posted as well in the DIY threads, but figured it was worthy of a place in the gear department aswell. Seeing how once built it would become gear.

Ok I forgot about this one, even though I can’t see why, I have to pass it every day in the house. This here my friend beats walking and can get into those places that your trucks and cars can’t get to. I’ll give links to where the motr kit can be bought, but I do know ebay sells them as well.

Well lets get on with it right!! Meet Black Betty.
    black betty
    Yes she is a diy project, took the hubby a week to put her together.(note due to having to wait for the new motor mount) It can be normally built is three to four hours otherwise. This is the kit he bought.

this is what the specs are.

Our SkyHawk motorized bicycle engine kits are made to easily convert a standard bicycle into a gas powered motor bike. Get around faster and save money by transforming almost any bike into a fuel efficient moped. You can get up to 60 km/h and get about 100 km per liter with our bicycle engine kits. This motorized kit can save you hundreds of dollars in gas and is a great alternative to pedaling your bike.

Features of the Grubee SkyHawk Engine Kits

2.75 HP Considered one of the most powerful engines in its class
    Industry leading engine considered by most as the best motors around
    This motorized bicycle engine kit comes with everything you need to turn almost any bicycle into a moped. You can start and stop your engine as you ride. You start the engine by pedaling so no rope or pulling is needed to start the engine.

With the angle fire slant head motor the spark plug is at a 45 degree angle instead of pointing straight up. This gives the engine some more compression and can add up to an extra 5 km/h to your engine.

GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5A Motorized Engine Includes

• GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 Brand 2-Cycle 66cc Slant Head Bike Engine Kit
    • 40mm Intake Stud Spacing (Required for Boost Bottle Kits)
    • 2.75 HP
    • Standard Engine Finish
    • Friction Clutch; Pedal Start
    • Magneto With Solid State CDI Ignition
    • 44Tooth, 9 Hole Chrome Sprocket
    • 5 Plate Sprocket Kit
    • 2.5 Liter/0.66 Gallon Fuel Tank, Tear Drop Shape (Black Color)
    • Black Cat Muffler
    • Push Button Clutch Lever And Cable
    • Twist Throttle With Engine Kill Switch
    • Improved Gas Valve
    • Drive Chain Idler
    • Standard NT Carburetor
    • Chrome Lined Cylinder Wall
    • Head With Center Fire Spark Plug
    • 202 Crankcase Bearings
    • Needle Bearings On Piston Wrist Pin
    • Standard 415 Chain
    • Chain Guard
    • Extra Spark Plug Included In Tool Kit
    • All The Mounting Brackets, Gaskets, And Hardware Including Nylon Locking Nuts
    • Mounting Plate For Larger Bike Frames

Complete User Manual (Click here to download)
    As per legal requirement we need to accurately disclose and label the correct engine size to the customer. The long standing factory branding of the 80cc bicycle engine isn’t accurate. The true displacement of the GT5 bicycle engine kit is actually 66cc. Volume is calculated by V= pi x Radius^2 x Stroke. In Canada the volume of the cylinder is only used when calculating the engine displacement. 47mm bore x 38mm stroke is a 66cc engine. This is the largest motorized engine that exists. There is no such thing as an 80cc bicycle engine kit (This is only used as a marketing gimmick).

All of our bicycle motor kits are now equipped with a catalytic converter exhaust with a Palladium filter insert. This greatly reduces the amount of pollutants coming out of the engine and makes our engines. No other motorized bicycle engine kit has this in Canada.

And this is the link we have they come in two sizes, 48cc and 66cc.

http://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/

The only issue he had building it was he needed to get the Universal motor mount where the frame on this bike is wider then some others. Just to show you I’ll post the part, in case you run into the same problem.
    motor

Here is the american site: http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/SkyHawk.htm

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

With a blocked road and such this could very well get around. We have tested it on paths, sidewalks, dirt roads it can move. We have also hooked on bike trailers as well. It could become quite the traveling machine in a shtf area. Hubby will be building me one and hooking up a child carrier as well as the trailer. So we can test it out ferther.

this is the type of trailer we have.
    bike trailer

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Another option is the Bug out Bike, with out the motor. This is still faster then walking. But you can have a way out.
    bug out bike

George S. Patton

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Gives me one hell of a great idea for recon/intel gathering should we be in a grid down world, especially if we’re dealing with an EMP/CME event. Thanks for sharing!

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Makes sense , the VC in Vietnam moved 100’s of tons of supplies up the Ho Chi Minh trail , using bicycles as mules . Just be aware , both bicycles and motorcycles make you easy to shoot , you sit high , your out in the open for a clear back shot , with no protection whatsoever ……….granted , todays vehicles dont offer that much when it comes to bullets …..but it’s better than none at all , which is what a bike is .

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Yes recon/intel would be great for these. Motor on so far, turn off the motor and pedal in closer!! Turn around pedal out then motor up and high tail it out of there!!

George S. Patton

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

I had a bug out bike, nothing special was cobbled together from a couple of bikes I got on freecycle then I saw what happened to the motor scooter rider during the 2011 riots here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcpNnP4ezA

Made me rethink the idea.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats just it , at least in a 4×4 , you can gun the engine and run people over . All of which will probably deserve to die anyway . Just Sayin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.