Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Interesting stats … I recall several that did not make it through training back in my day but this report may reflect too much time on the couch playing video games among other things. I can only imagine what happens to these youth in real SHTF scenario. Where practical skills, focus & tenacity, physical fitness (mental fitness as well), make do with what you have attitude, teamwork, etc. all come in to pay for survival.

‘More Than Two-Thirds of American Youth Wouldn’t Qualify for Service’

http://online.wsj.com/articles/recruits-ineligibility-tests-the-military-1403909945?mod=WSJ_hppMIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Between the dope, fat and criminal behavior, I’m not surprised.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

What do you expect ? between the drugs , the crap food they eat , the lack of exercise in both mind or body , not to mention the feminization of American males , many are a waste of skin . Thats cold , but I call it as I see it . But have no fear , when the economy collapses , they will have to toughen up ……….or die , and most will die . Unfortunately the Constitution forbids compulsory service , like Russia , Israel , Switzerland , and several others have .

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I think numbers are same here. Simply young folks have some weird priorities, Whirlibird put it nicely in few words.
    some 10-15 years ago we had here mandatory military training for every man (around 10 months) but “democratization” said it is not good, and we do not have that anymore.

Young folks could learn something there.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Read the article…

“A few weeks ago, Brittany Crippen said she tried to enlist in the Army, only to learn that a tattoo of a fish on the back of her neck disqualified her. Determined to join, the 19-year-old college student visited a second recruiting center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and was rejected again. “

Poor little Brittany… betcha little Brittany has a tramp stamp as well as that dumb fish tattoo. Yeah, we all make mistakes when we’re young, but seriously – who wants an army made up of a bunch of folks that look like gang-banging dirtbags? Staples in their face, bolts and ****, and then those huge ear things… look like a bunch of damn barbarians… I got exactly ONE tattoo – a set of Airborne Wings on my left shoulder. That’s it. And I earned it. Stuff like that is okay.. but all this “tribal” bullshit? Bleah…

Combined with the feminization of our males and, well… we’re screwed. The warfighter that made America feared and revered the world over is long gone… all we have left to pick from is lesser stock… no wonder we’re being laughed at. The only thing we have left is our technological edge – and droning folks from 20,000 feet is a little ***** way to fight a war…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Malgus, and when the tattoo fad passes,all of those hideous tattoos will still be there. I hear that not only do they render some unfit for military service, it also limits their employment prospects. I have yet to see someone whose appearance improved as a result of a tattoo. It is quite the opposite. I’m retired now but I wouldn’t take a job candidate seriously if I saw tattoos when I interviewed them.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

It wont pass , for some reason we have allowed the glorification of societal scum and dregs , so you get things that we did not have before that made our society strong . Now we have white people trying to pretend they are black ( why would you do that ) , acceptance of ***** , divorce has no stigma , no defined gender roles , the demonization of religions , no work ethic , and acceptance of dirtbags , instead of beating them down .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is very bad news for the youth in this country. Even with the good kids like my son they have to be told over and over to make them have a better work ethic, from once you get a job be there on time or 10 minutes before time. Work hard even if others don’t.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.