Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks like volcano’s are very active this year. This one in Japan killed 30.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/28/7-rescued-32-still-missing-as-volcano-erupts-in-central-japan/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

So much for the hot springs vacation.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yeah , volcanos are nasty , no nation is prepared for them . Yellowstone going off will be a disaster of biblical proportions for us . On the other hand , many pray for the San Andrea fault to have the big one .All that will be left of Kalifornia will be a few islands up towards Oregon , and Arizona will have beach front property .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yeah Yellowstone would be big, send us into an ice age.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t worry about Yellowstone. It is of a magnitude that there isn’t anything I can do to prepare for such an event, and so I don’t worry about it. I see it as one of those theoretically possible but not likely in any time frame that matters kind of events. Then again I had a weird dream the other night where we still had snow on the ground in June where I live and we couldn’t grow any crops.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

MountainBiker, that happened in 1816. They called it “Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death.” I believe it was due to several volcanic eruptions, the worst being one in Indonesia– “the most severe in historical times.”

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>I don’t worry about Yellowstone. It is of a magnitude that there isn’t anything I can do to prepare for such an event, and so I don’t worry about it. I see it as one of those theoretically possible but not likely in any time frame that matters kind of events. Then again I had a weird dream the other night where we still had snow on the ground in June where I live and we couldn’t grow any crops.

We did have snow on the ground in june, I have a picture.

As to Yellowstone, we live too close to worry about it.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>wildartist wrote:</div>MountainBiker, that happened in 1816. They called it “Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death.” I believe it was due to several volcanic eruptions, the worst being one in Indonesia– “the most severe in historical times.”

I had read about this. There were people in Northern New England who died as a result of crop failures that year due to the cold.

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

Deffinitely a rise in volcanic activity around the globe. Read an article this morning about numerous earthquakes around Mammoth Mt. in So. Cal. Believed to be caused by Magma moving toward the mountain beneath the earth.
    It’s all just a sign of the times in my view.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

volcanoes always bring to mind Pompeii for me. The pyroclastic clouds hit so hard and fast it froze the people in charred poses.

I swear tho, if i ever see one coming right for me i will be facing it with both middle fingers up. If anything just to give future archeologists a chuckle.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.