Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

There were nine candidates in the last Republican “debate” in December, and tomorrow night’s final “debate” was reduced to only the “top” six, by decree of Fox News. So Rand Paul scored #5 in the latest Iowa poll (what SHOULD have been a qualifying poll), with Bush and Christie tied for #6. Three guesses which candidate has been booted off the stage.

Like him or not, Rand Paul has a different approach on most issues than almost any of the other candidates. So it would seem more than a little suspect (as in “flagrantly”) when a major newspaper teams up with the Bloomberg organization to do a poll, the results of which are not released until AFTER the deadline Fox News set for the polling criteria they deemed “appropriate” for selection of who gets to be seen by the American people shortly before they begin voting in primaries. Fox determined that only the top six candidates in their carefully crafted polling criteria would appear.

So by the time the deadline rolled around, with the Iowa poll already completed, the RNC, polling monitors and particularly the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg poll people certainly knew that Rand Paul scored as the SOLE holder of 5th place in that poll – ahead of both Bush and Christie. Had the data been released in a timely manner he would have easily qualified (repeat: ahead of Bush and Christie). So, one might wonder (or not) why release of the poll data was delayed until after the deadline, knocking Paul completely off the main stage, and out of any chance to grab the attention of the American people one more time – with his very different message.

I’ve maintained for years that the media carefully “presents” the candidates in such a way, complete with snarky little comments during “news” broadcasts, to sway the public, thereby manipulating the polls, and thereby determining who even gets on stage in front of the actual voters. It’s so blatantly clear as to be hilarious if it wasn’t so serious. I remember many times when the polls were showing Ron Paul doing remarkably well despite his poor press coverage, but then when composites of “all” the Republican candidates were shown, his photo was simply not even there. That happened on many occasions. I’ve already seen it with his son, as well as Dr. Carson this time.

But Fox News stands by its criteria, late polling results notwithstanding, and the future of the nation still firmly in the hands of the political-media complex. And far be it from the RNC to make ANY comment about “fairness” in the process. Reince Priebus for emperor!

Beautifully choreographed!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

PUTIN / NUGENT 2016

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Oh, yeah. Ted Nugent. One heartbeat away from the office of President of the United States. The man that described the 30 day period between receipt of his draft notice and actual reporting, “I ceased cleansing my body. Two weeks before the test I stopped eating food with nutritional value. A week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. My pants got crusted up.”

Great choice! [sarc/OFF]

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Turned out he was right …………Vietnam was such a resounding success was it not ? Kill a bunch of good guys , …………….then bug out , destroying the moral of a nation for generations . He , and WE owe the government nothing . Especially when it comes to our personal well being in the face of undeclared ( illegal ) wars on foreign soil . We do have the right of free men to think and refuse unjust behavior of the Government . My father was a WW2 vet , he was going to send my older brother to Canada if he got drafted , he had just turned 18 . The “war” ended shortly afterward , but he knew this was not a justified conflict as the one he had participated in . Turned out he was right also . Everybody resists in their own way , like doing side jobs for cash to avoid taxation , on and on . Our obligations are to our families , our community , and the area in which we live ……….beyond that , the government can go pound sand , our only obligation to the country ( and the country and government are NOT the same thing ) is to help defend it if it is absolutely , and clearly threatened . which aside from 1812 , 1941 …….has not happened . The revolution doesnt count…….because , well , it was a revolution , the civil war doesnt count because it was a civil war . Point is , we all do what we feel we need to do , to get out of or avoid what we feel is unjust , weather that be an undeclared war , taxation , other laws , etc ……..why do we behave that way ? because we are Americans , and not some north korean bowing to any authority no matter how absurd , without question. We are rebs , I’m proud of that myself . Those of us that prep and store goods , that live in a state that has “hoarding ” laws ……..its illegal , but we do it anyway . Why ? because we feel its what is right . But anyway , the PUTIN / NUGENT 2016 was a joke , and a sort of anti politic statement . Sadly , even as a joke , either one would be better than what we currently have in office .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

The fact that he later said he felt “guilty” for not going, and has since tried to make up for it, doesn’t matter I suppose.

But that was not my point. After initially being in favor of that war myself, and having as my 2nd choice out of pilot training to be a forward air controller (flying low and slow over the jungle canopy, directing air strikes, with a 1:3 chance of not making it back home still breathing), I’ve long since changed my position on ‘Nam. My issue is not with whether someone served or not. The man’s got a message I often resonate with, yet a delivery that is downright crude or even disgusting. I find his method of avoiding the draft disturbing, and the fact that he maintained student deferments while touring as much as 300 days a year to be measures of his integrity. Those that went to Canada and gave up a lot, and those that actually went to jail (without doing serious violence themselves) were at least people with integrity. Nugent appeals to the basest instincts in people – I’d prefer to have a true gentleman that CAN pack a knockout punch, but reserves it until absolutely needed (or a female equivalent of same) in the Oval Office. I liked the old Strategic Air Command motto: “Peace is Our Profession.”

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Nice song. I’ve been spending a lot of time of late researching my mother-in-law’s family in the 1700’s Carolinas and have learned a bit about the Revolutionary War era down there. Lots of fathers in their 50’s and their sons fighting the British. It seems like all able bodied men had to take a stand. All the ancestors were on the Patriot’s side except one such father/son pair that were Tories. The father, an immigrant from England, was captured after the battle at King’s Mountain, SC while the son was left for dead (but didn’t die). The captured Tories were marched back to North Carolina, put on trial, and the father was hung along with 8 others. After the war the son had land confiscated for having been a Tory. My wife’s direct ancestor was just a newborn when the father was hung.

What does this have to do with the media interfering with the Presidential election? Nothing, but the one picture in the video where the guy is getting hung seemed to go along with the story.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

My mother does the same thing , she is in the DAR and Daughters of the Confederacy . She was tracking down part of the German side and came to a stump , as the spelling in the last name was different . I was in contact with a guy that lived in Germany , and told him about it . Turns out that the current spelling is incorrect , as it was Anglicized , he told me the proper German spelling ……………….BINGO ! my mom was off and running again . So f you run into trouble , be aware that a lot of nationalities changed the spelling of the last name in order to make it easier for english speakers to pronounce .
    Oh ! by the way , that song is a Confederate song with the words changed lol , the real song is ‘ I’m a good ol rebel ” .

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS ,
    With all due respect , War is like professional sports , hasnt changed for 1000’s of years ………..if your not there to WIN , dont show up for the game . We havn’t been there to win sense 1945 . I’m still waiting for that to change . I think our grandchildren will spend their life span waiting as well ………that assuming the US is still in existence .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

No due respect necessary. I am in total agreement there, and have been disgusted for decades at our politicians’ willingness to kill off tens of thousands of US Soldiers (generically speaking, since they came from all branches of the military), largely through absurd rules of engagement, political wrangling, and even undeclared wars that should never have been fought (at least at the times they were). If every one of them had been required to send their closest living male relative over the age of 18 to a combat assignment (not some behind-the-lines admin post, or stateside assignment), things might have been much different. No sons? No problem. Deal with the family as they had to explain why the nephew or grandson had to be sent off to real, dangerous combat. If we aren’t going to win it quickly and decisively, don’t get in it. And make it congressionally declared (something or other to do with the Constitution).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Just a “small” thing, but on Fox News this afternoon when I briefly watched a summary of the news, they showed five candidates’ pictures as the only ones that could “possibly” hope to win the Republican nomination, with the percentages from the latest Iowa poll. The photos (and percentages) in order, were:
    Trump 34%, Cruz 23%, Rubio 12%, Carson 7%, and Bush 6%.

Only one little problem: the photo that SHOULD go with the 6% is Rand Paul. And between Rand Paul at 6% and Jeb Bush at only 4% is Chris Christie (also at 4%), on the REAL Iowa poll.

So, if ALL the photos from Trump to Bush were included from the REAL Iowa numbers, there would have been seven photos, not five, and Paul would have been two photos to the LEFT (i.e. higher) than Bush. But all we hear about is Bush still having a chance.at unseating Trump, Cruz, or Rubio (Carson’s photo and percentage were there, but he wasn’t mentioned either).

This is not the first or even second time I’ve seen that done, just on Fox alone. And they used to do it to Rand’s father frequently too, particularly in the 2012 cycle. They’d just show the “leading” candidates photos, and leave Ron Paul completely out – even though he was, at least at the time, CLEARLY within the top tier, and at least one of the photos of “top tier” candidates (interpreted as “the only ‘legitimate’ candidates”) was significantly lower in the polls than Ron Paul. All we heard on the news today was discussion about what Bush will have to do to maintain and improve his standing, and win some actual primaries, and comparisons with Trump, Cruz, and Rubio. Carson and Paul were entirely absent from any mention whatsoever, despite polling higher than Bush.

Again, note that the results of the Iowa poll were withheld until AFTER the Fox News “deadline” to qualify for the further-reduced number of “top tier” of candidates to be presented in the prime time debate on 14 January. I can’t wait to see the lineup for this Thursday’s “top tier” debate. Here’s Fox’s criteria:

Republican presidential candidates will have three different ways to qualify for the main stage at the next GOP debate on Jan. 28 in Des Moines, with national polls, as well as Iowa and New Hampshire polls, included in Fox News’ criteria.

To qualify for the prime-time debate, candidates have to place in the top six nationally in an average of five recent polls, or in the top five in Iowa or New Hampshire in an average of five recent polls recognized by Fox News, which is hosting the debate.

And that, boys and girls, is how it’s done. Perception by the public is everything, and the media controls the perception. Wheeee! Politics is so much fun. [What? Me sarcastic? :-) ]

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Oh – and as for Putin for President, at least the Russians have it figured out much better than the Americans. I guess maybe we can use him once he flees his own people.

Nearly half of Russians agree that a quiet anti-constitutional coup has taken place in the country through changes of law that favor corrupt officials in power, according to pollster the Levada Center.

The survey of 1,600 Russians was conducted at the end of December 2015 and involved two groups of 800 people. The first was asked if “recent changes to Russian legislation defending highly ranked corrupt officials at the top of the national government and increasing the crackdown on those who deal in criticising and unmasking them, are all testament of a quiet, anticonstitutional coup in the country?”

Forty-two percent was either entirely in agreement or somewhat in agreement, while only 4 percent completely disagreed. Thirty-six percent struggled to respond.

http://www.newsweek.com/42-percent-russians-believe-corrupt-officials-have-performed-silent-coup-419779

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Like the wry comment of a quarter century ago: “Chernobyl” is Russian for “Diablo Canyon” (site of a controversial nuclear generating plant built on earthquake-prone ground in California), it looks ever more to me that “Trump” is American for “Putin,” in that both are similar personalities — both, neither as bad, nor as good, as they could be.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.