Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://news.yahoo.com/profile-gunman-ambushed-troopers-released-051948103.html

Not only is he anti- .gov, but he’s a “survivalist”.

Cowardly little murderer.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Just another nut job. No bearing on anyone else. Unless they use FLIR and dogs they will have a hard time finding him. Maybe he will be room temperature when the dogs find him

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

May be a nut job, but he’s being ‘tagged’ as a survivalist.
    The MSM putting all survivalists in the same boat.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ok so don’t be a survivalist. Be a gunsmith instead. I would never tell someone I’m a survivalist and I don’t carry a sign with that on it either. What are they going to do, come after every redneck hillbilly hay seed backwoods waterman in the US? Call them all survivalists because they own a shotgun, hunting rifle and backpack? I really don’t think many people care what they say any more.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I dont believe a single thing media has to say , something about this seems very fishy to me , I’m sure we are not being told the whole truth or the whole story is a fabrication . I mean , read this article again , doesnt it sound and feel like complete manipulation , play by play from the propaganda playbook ? it does to me . Read the descriptives about AK 47’s army gear , army manuals , etc ……….feels too politically convenient for me . Remember the old WW2 propaganda in the US ? you watch that crap now , and it forces you to say ” were people really that stupid to not know they were being manipulated back then ? ” it was that cheesy and bad , then flash forward to modern times , yes people really ARE that stupid to believe the crap they are fed . Some things never change .

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I noticed that too Tolik. I’m not saying the guy isn’t a bad guy but it sure seemed convenient they found a “sniper” manual and the “He doesn’t miss” comment. If he was such a sniper why the heck did he use an AK. I mean dead is dead no matter what you get shot with but it just sounds a little fishy. It kind of sounds more like the guy outsmarted them so they put a story out that made him seem trained and they can’t find him because of that training.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hell everytime there is a nut job like this the news media labels them a survivalist or prepper. He is not any of the two. All he is a criminal. Next the news media will be calling every boy scout a survivalist!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Hell everytime there is a nut job like this the news media labels them a survivalist or prepper. He is not any of the two. All he is a criminal. Next the news media will be calling every boy scout a survivalist!

Well considering 8 of my Scouts iust earned their Wilderness Survival merit badges and another 10 are working on their Emergency Preparedness badge, no comment.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    Maybe the Boy Scouts should give a new merit badge for “Ethics in Journalism, Analysis of News and Modern Culture” so they can see their way clearly.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    Maybe the Boy Scouts should give a new merit badge for “Ethics in Journalism, Analysis of News and Modern Culture” so they can see their way clearly.

Scout Oath (or Promise)

On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times;To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,brave, clean, and reverent.

We already do. Its part of the entire program.
    Add in the citizenship badges and they turn out better than most.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    That’s teaching them to be all of those attributes (which is great), but that’s not what I meant. They need help distinguishing truth from fiction, and recognizing that sources that should be trustworthy (like schools) may not be so.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Actually we hit on that in the “Communication” merit badge when doing the ‘classroom’ section.
    And oddly enough, the kids picked up on the school books being ‘different’ and such and asked question themselves.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.