Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well this is disturbing news. Apparently they don’t know how far down the material has sunk through containment into the earth.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Well this is disturbing news. Apparently they don’t know how far down the material has sunk through containment into the earth.

There is no way they will ever know. No machine, no human, no animal can ever get down close enough to find out. Too much radiation. Its journey to the center of the earth is Verne…Jules to be precise.

I did it. Arne Saknussemm.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Pretty much what I was thinking, it’s heavier than any other rock. I wonder how fast it sinks thru?

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

best part is if you look at Tokyo’s water from aquifers it flows from fukushima to Tokyo plus many other smaller towns get water for everything from the same sources that the rods are melting into

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Fukushima Dai-ichi

I’m pretty certain they have know a long time the bottom melted out.

At an estimated eighty minutes after the March 11, 2011 tsunami strike (which caused various nuclear accidents, the worst of which being the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster), the temperatures inside Unit 1 of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant reached 2300 ˚C to 2500 ˚C, causing the fuel assembly structures, control rods and nuclear fuel to melt and form corium. The reactor core isolation cooling system (RCIC) was successfully activated for Unit 3, however the Unit 3 RCIC subsequently failed and at about 09:00 on March 13 the nuclear fuel had melted into corium. Unit 2 retained RCIC functions slightly longer and corium is not believed to have started to pool on the reactor floor until around 18:00 on March 14.[46]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corium_(nuclear_reactor)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.