Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Obviously the animals were exposed to some agent to cause these mutations. GMO is an unlikely source as we would be overwhelmed with mutations here in the US. Most likely the parent animals were exposed to chemicals by negligent farmers improperly using herbicides or pesticides. Like spraying pregnant animals with pesticides to kill flies getting it into the food.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

GMO products are all contaminated with glyphosate as most come from one source and are made for round up ready. You can read all you wish about the toxicity of it and the clever spin trying to make it seem safe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovKw6YjqSfM but they wont stand behind their comments. BT corn has the glyphosate made by the cells inside cant wash that off and how much vitamin C do you take 99% from corn how much high fructose corn syrup do you drink? how many other corn products do you consume let alone the myriad of other types of GMO food. What do you think most of the meat you eat gets for feed?

remember you cant wash off glyphosate as it goes into the plants and becomes systemic to work.

as for mutations on the animals, more sick animals than ever coming to slaughter, most of the internals are “un healthy” there is a reason why breeding stock gets different feed. http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08/14/usda-sick-animal-ban-column/13569101/ most mutations dont live long enough and since most farms for meat are now factory farms do you think they would allow farmers to come forth and say anything?

average chicken place with 35,000 birds will lose 20-50 a day for the 35-42 day life cycle. i dont have a nearly as many only 100 i lose 1or none a year to predators they all walk and go outside dig in the compost , rake the grass in orchard, run around. The get grain grown locally of a non gmo kind i eat they get fruit and left overs from the green house, Hell they peck at the bones the dogs leave around. They do get cued down 4 times a year for my personal larder most of those are 1 year to 3years old depending if it is a good layer or not.

at a commercial farm they die by 60 days on average as a vet that works at one, mostly from respiratory and heart failure. All the chicks are brought to the farmer from the company so they wont see any mutations.

Monsanto fought hard to not have the possibly causing cancer put on to it http://www.euractiv.com/section/science-policymaking/news/un-cancer-agency-issues-warning-about-five-pesticides/ i believe that more will come out like when cigarettes where finally outed for what they are. took decades.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Mutations occur in nature regardless of outside influences.

Liberals for example.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The FDA regulates GE foods and if there was any indication that mutations from GMO foods were occuring the FDA would be going apeshit. All this noise is just that.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

As we used to say in Trinity County, back in the ’70s, “Roundup your government!”

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

the same FDA that allowed the government to feed radio active food to people? Allow a neuroexcito toxin like aspartame/nutra sweet as food? Said vitamins are not good for you?

Allow iron filings in cereal to count as iron on label?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ahlawrQHeA

course they would freak over mutation..or maybe not so much just label it as undefined growth spurt.

they inject every cow with bovine growth hormone to produce more milk/meat its the law if you trust in government to keep you safe, might as well drink the kool aid and say they are looking out for your best interests in every aspect.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Name, believe whatever you want, I have waders for all the BS.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

The FDA regulates GE foods and if there was any indication that mutations from GMO foods were occuring the FDA would be going apeshit. All this noise is just that

Over the years, I’ve seen many instances where federal (and State) regulatory agencies have a cozier relationship with the megafirms they “regulate,” than “going apeshit” would indicate. Some of those agencies have what is often referred to as a ” revolving door” relationship with industry, wherein, after a government career of letting the regulees off the hook, they retire, take their gov’t. pension, and ” graduate” to a cushy job representing their former opposites to their former agency.

But that would never happen under the current regime, would it?

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT,
    I imagine everyone knows anything is possible with this administration. However genetically engineered crops have been around for quite a while now, and Roundup has been in use since the 70″s.This admin doesn’t have much to do with it. Plain and simple if GMO’s caused birth defects the hospitals would be full of morphed babies because all the food we eat has GMO contamination in some way. Doctors would be flipping out and there would be no end to the media attention.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

There could be many different reasons for the severe malformations shown in those photos, and the problem is we don’t know what all the ramifications are of GMOs. I really worry that over-hyping the issue will have a negative impact by discrediting ANY problems that “crop” up (pun intended) from the use of GMOs. And Monsanto and others have too much at stake to suddenly become moral, ethical, etc., if some bad stuff finally does crop up.

We have no idea how one seemingly positive effect of GMOs could impact something else in a very negative way. For example, here’s exactly the opposite of what I mean. Think about how the REintroduction of a small number of wolves in Yellowstone National Park caused this incredible chain reaction of completely unforeseen conditions and changes (by most people – except perhaps American Indians who are probably sitting back shaking their heads in frustration, saying, “We TOLD you so!”). The fact is, the reintroduction of the wolves was only just a quarter century ago, and we’re now only beginning to truly understand just how massive and widespread the “side effects” have been.

Though it was a humorous commercial slogan years ago, I have always liked the phrase, “It’s not nice to mess with Mother Nature.” And likewise, I don’t trust artificially modifying organisms and then turning them loose in nature, where there’s no chance of recall if things go wrong. Are the Europeans wrong? I don’t know. All I do know is that there certainly seem to be a number of highly placed folks that are NOT comfortable that a few short scientific studies – of unknown independence and quality – are enough to guarantee our safety and security. I have no doubt that some of the photos that are thrown around on the internet and in mass email have nothing to do with GMOs. What I don’t know, is how many DO have to do with GMOs….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

kind of says it all about how much you can trust your health to government

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Most telling perhaps, given the dates, are the following from that article:

In 1987 the United States Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Stanley, 483 U.S. 669, that a U.S. serviceman who was given LSD without his consent, as part of military experiments, could not sue the U.S. Army for damages.

As of 2007, not a single U.S. government researcher had been prosecuted for human experimentation. The preponderance of the victims of U.S. government experiments have not received compensation or, in many cases, acknowledgment of what was done to them.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.