Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

This thread is a split from the “Preparedness is a Biblical Position” thread, where the discussion there has moved in a different direction from the original subject and now deserves it’s own thread. Those later posts that were there are now here.

Edit: I just switched this thread to be started by me instead of Elijah because he got notified all the time when a new reply was created and this is a way of disabling it.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Selco is to be commended for including this section of RELIGION and FAITH on this website dealing with preparedness for the future unknowns. How could we possibly consider ourselves “prepared” without considering our spiritual lives?
    In that light, I am going to try something a bit unconventional here. Hopefully, it will be helpful rather than a distraction. Most people are not aware that Heaven is speaking to mankind on a current basis, speaking about our divergence from the path God has set out for Man, the errors we’ve made along the way, the resulting events, future events, and what we need to do to repair our relationship with Him. This is nothing new. There are many well documented and accepted cases occurring down through the ages but, in our secular ways, we tend to discount such events.
    This is taking place in many parts of the world where certain chosen souls receive visions or messages directly from Jesus, God The Father, Mary, the Mother of Jesus, certain Saints, and on occasion, special Angels.
    I know, I know, many will say “that’s crazy talk”, and I can understand the reaction. But if you will just read these posts with an open mind and heart and judge for yourself, you could possibly enter a whole new realm of your spiritual life.

Here is what Jesus reportedly said to a woman in Ecuador just last Thursday, April 3rd:
    (please note that this is a translation from their native language, done by an American using 4 different computer translators. Thus, you will have to allow for some awkward word choices and phrases here and there but the general meaning is discernable. This woman (anonymous at this time but referred to as “Light of Mary”) has several priest spiritual directors and all messages are examined and approved before release, for not containing anything contrary to Christian teachings.)
    [please see attachments]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Bobby,
    Those who have been truly saved by Christ have the Holy Spirit, and should hear from Him often.
    But I definitely agree that some hear differently than others. I believe this is a spiritual gift, and something we should pay attention to!
    Hannah

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Hi y’all…

I offer my point of view only for the sake of comparison. If you all would like to have a discussion in the spirit of Fellowship, I am all for it…

I was raised old school conservative Catholic. Catholic school for 12 years, Latin, scripture studies every day, etc..

Thing is, when folks say the Almighty is a God of love, I tend to disagree. How can the Almighty wipe out humanity, except for a few good people, with the Flood? How can He rain fire and destruction down upon Sodom and Gomorrah, killing multiples of thousands of people? How can He command the Jews to attack cities and population centers, destroying them utterly and wiping out every living thing (presumably men, women, children, infants, animals..) if He is a God of love?

When Christ returns, He will come not as the healer, but as a warrior – and will lead the forces of righteousness in the last battle at Armageddon…

I grew up with a rifle in one hand, the Bible in the other. I am convinced that the Almighty is fair and just, but is also capable of punishing the evil in this world and is not only a warrior, but THE Warrior… and I see that our country – conceived in righteousness – is now governed by evil men. Before, when we spoke of The Mark of the Beast, we were ridiculed and mocked as typical Fundies. Now, those same evil men want to make RFID chipping people mandatory – it has already started with the military. Of course, it is all for our ‘safety’… spying on us, reading our mail, forbidding us our freedoms… all for our own good, don’t you see? To catch the ‘terrorists’ that are out there, don’t you see? (/sarc)

Something Wicked This Way Comes…. and when it gets here, I have no problem bringing the sword if I have to. I try to be as upright and righteous as I am able – and even though I fail, and often, I still try.

I am as He made me. Everyone dies. All I ask is that He give me the opportunity to die well.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Hannah,
    Thank the Lord for His willingness to continue to instruct us, and for His continued
    love for us in spite of all we do to dismiss Him.

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Malgus,
    God is giving us fair warning and every opportunity to reform ourselves.
    Thus, He IS a God of love.
    If we don’t do it on our own He will act, just as He did in the past, and just as
    your Dad probably did with you, even though he still loved you.
    Bobby

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Bobby, amen!
    Malgus, I believe God is a God of love and loves His children. However, there are some who have hardened their hearts to the Gospel and want evil for this world; they serve a master named Satan, to be honest. Christ is going to come back and their wicked plans are going to fail. Love and hate aside, when Jesus comes back, get ready cuz’ it’s gonna be a wild ride for ANY evildoers out there!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Preparedness is a biblical position and God what’s all of us to prepare not just for us but to help the one’s that believe in him.

Malgus, I am also raised old school conservative Catholic. I believe that dieing for our freedoms is living. God doesn’t want us to be slaves of any government. The Bible has many stores of governments taking control of the people and God has given his people the right to destroy the governments that do this.

We must prepare that is what God want’s.

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

God The Father, in His great love, speaks to his Children:
    (see attachment below)

Web ref: http://www.gods-messages-for-us.com/march-2014.html

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

God is giving us fair warning and every opportunity to reform ourselves.
    Thus, He IS a God of love.
    If we don’t do it on our own He will act, just as He did in the past, and just as
    your Dad probably did with you, even though he still loved you.
    Bobby

Okay, I see your point, but I do not agree with it. In the spirit of Fellowship, I will take the hit and open the discussion… I feel that as fellow Christians and rational adults, we can discuss this without it degenerating into something ugly…

You are equating a paddling with the Almighty wiping out almost all humanity from the face of the Earth? The Almighty is clearly capable of great anger, which flies in the face of Him being a God of love. If he is a God of love, then He is incapable of any other emotion (I had this debate with one of the priests at school 30 years ago), which, if you take the Bible as (mostly) fact, is not true…

I think the fact that Christianity has gone from a Patriarchal religion to a Matriarchal religion has much to do with this. The Church says “You have to act this way”. Society wants to do what it wants to do and butts up against this “You shouldn’t act this way” rule. Over time, resistance wears down and magically “If you do this, you will burn in Hell” turns into “Okay, you can do it, but if you’re sorry for doing it, you will be forgiven”…

Literally, Patriarchal religion means “Father religion — “Thou shall not break the Ten Commandments or you will burn in hell”

Matriarchal religion can be viewed as “Mother religion — “God is all loving, all forgiving and all understanding”

The Matriarchal religion literally means that you can live your entire life as a hedonist, condemned to burn in Hell, but if you’re sorry in the last 10 seconds of your life on your deathbed, you get a free pass…

Yeah, sorry, I don’t buy that.

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Malgus’
    Your stated “fact” of Patriarchal and Matriarchal Christianity is all new to me (and I too am Catholic). No doubt you have heard of Purgatory? That is where the Church says, yes, you may be saved in those last 10 seconds but there is still some perfecting to be done before sharing God’s eternal glory. There are references to this process in the Bible. And, “If he is a God of love, then He is incapable of any other emotion” . Are you sure you want to place such a limitation on GOD? We are currently living in a period of Divine Mercy while He is calling us back to
    Himself, to be followed by His Divine Justice. This is how He described it to Saint Faustina in the 1930s.(see her diary of Jesus’ revelations to her about Divine Mercy. (She was canonized by John Paul II just before he died).
    One result is that we now have the feast of Divine Mercy on the 1st Sunday after Easter. It is a great gift, check it out.
    Bobby

Bobby

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

And, “If he is a God of love, then He is incapable of any other emotion” . Are you sure you want to place such a limitation on GOD? We are currently living in a period of Divine Mercy while He is calling us back to
    Himself, to be followed by His Divine Justice. — BobbyD.

Okay… umm… You basically tell me that I cannot know the mind of God (because folks say that He is a God of love. If He is, then how can He be anything else? So, someone is wrong – either the ‘God is love’ people, or I am, or we all are…).

Then turn around and basically say that YOU know the mind of God (because He is calling us back, period of Divine Mercy, Divine Justice, etc). And you know this how?

I am a professional skeptic. I question everything. I am as He made me, and questioning everything instead of blindly following along is healthy and the mark of an intelligent mind… not saying you are not intelligent, or anyone else for that matter. I’m saying asking how and who and why and for what… these are questions that should be asked by anyone and yes, even applied to a supreme being. And, because I feel that the Almighty is rational, logical and reasonable, then I should be able to reach rational, logical and reasonable answers.

Saying “The Almighty is a God of Love” puts limitations on a supreme being. If he is only love, then He cannot be anything else. Furthermore, if we take the Bible as truth (mostly), then the actions credited to the Almighty clearly demonstrate that He is capable of much, much more than love… anger, vengeance, wrath, patience, sorrow, etc… the whole gamut of human emotions..

BobbyD
    BobbyD
    Survivalist
    member6

Malgus,
    Per your question, “Then turn around and basically say that YOU know the mind of God (because He is calling us back, period of Divine Mercy, Divine Justice, etc). And you know this how? ”
    Read St. Faustina’s Diary (the revelations to Faustina are approved by the Church) where Jesus tells her innumerable times about this present period of His Mercy which will be followed by His Divine Justice. Others describe this more completely, as here:

NOW IS THE TIME OF MERCY
    (summary of a retreat talk by Willy Effinger)

My dear friends, over the past fifteen years, I have given many talks and workshops on different aspects of God’s Divine Mercy, but none is more unsettling than the topic of the last days! Even though each of us will have to face the Day of Justice, we must focus on the present; we must realize that we are living in the Time of Mercy.

There are many entries in St. Faustina’s Diary dealing with this subject, so I have picked 15 of them to demonstrate the urgency of preparing ourselves for what many refer to as the “end times”. As Christians, it is not good for us to live in fear; rather, we should place hope in what is revealed in the Word of God. So, let us dive into the warnings; let us read some of the entries from “Divine Mercy in My Soul”. (St. Faustina’s Diary)

In 1934, at the outset of St. Faustina’s writings, the Lord said to her:

“Write this: before I come as a Just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky and from the openings where the Hands and the Feet of the Saviour were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.” (entry #83)

In entry #570, St. Faustina recorded an encounter with the Lord where He spoke these words to her: “… Your assignment and duty here on earth is to beg for mercy for the whole world. No soul will be justified until it turns with confidence to My mercy and this is why the First Sunday after Easter is to be the Feast of Mercy.

On that day, priests are to tell everyone about My great and unfathomable mercy. I am making you the administrator of My mercy. Tell the confessor that the Image is to be on view in the Church and not within the enclosure of the convent. By means of this Image, I shall be granting many graces to souls; so let every soul have access to it.”

Although the Lord spoke these words to a Polish nun behind convent walls, He is also speaking today to all those who sincerely have taken up the call to Divine Mercy, all the souls who promote His message of Divine Mercy, all those who try to be “as merciful as the Heavenly Father is merciful”. It is our acts of mercy that will bless our neighbourhoods; living mercy is what will change the world! Keep in your heart the words that Jesus spoke: “no soul will be justified until it turns with confidence to My mercy.”

On March 25th in 1936, the Mother of God weighed in on this topic as well. While St. Faustina was in deep meditation about the immeasurable greatness of God and on His condescension to His creatures, Mary appeared to her and said: “O how pleasing to me is the soul that follows faithfully the inspirations of His grace! I gave the Saviour to the world; as for you, you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Saviour but as a Just Judge! … Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ”
    Also: http://catholicharboroffaithandmorals.com/Mercy%20and%20Justice.html

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Okay, so if we assume the writings of St. Faustina are accurate and she got nothing wrong, and nothing was lost in translation, etc, then we are supposed to be in a time of mercy… I will tentatively accept this for now.

However, what you have done is focus on one part of my post where you will get the most traction with your rebuttle and ignored the rest. I am interested in your thoughts re: Putting limitations on the Almighty by saying He is only a God of love. Do not make the mistake of thinking that I am the one putting the limitations on Him – I merely observe that those who do say such things are the ones assigning limitations, ignoring that the Bible clearly demonstrates that the Almighty has shown the capacity for many other emotions and the capacity to act on those emotions when He wants to..

Also, the fact that the Catholic church has shifted from a Patriarchal religion to a Matriarchal religion has to be addressed. For most of it’s existence, it has been Patrist (If you don’t follow the 10 Commandments, you will be punished). It is only since Vatican II, the 60’s, that it has shifted its stance, mostly in reaction to many Catholics leaving the church because following their doctrine became “inconvenient”. And by the way, of course I have heard of purgatory… 12 years of scripture study in catholic schools and I never heard of purgatory? Please.

Your thoughts?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus & BobbyD, I have been reading and learning so please keep the post going since the two have very interesting points of views and I am not only learning but studying the views the two have. God by the Bible does not have limits on what he will do in the future just read the Book of Revelation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.