Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Mini kit for pockets

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

How do you store the duct tape, on waxed paper or something? This is a great idea, thanks!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Roll the duct tape on to its self then continue to wined, and wined, and wined. Then fold a corner to help with unrolling as needed.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of lci115lewis
    lci115lewis
    Survivalist
    member3

I wrap mine around pieces of old plastic cards.

One big question for anybody who has put a compass in an altoids tin, how much did it mess with the compass?

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

One thing I highly recommend, that beats plasters anytime from my experience, is to get medical tape and use it with alcohol wipes. You can create your own plasters and store the medical tape just like duct tape. These plasters seems to hold better, can be made to fit the cut and the tape I have is very breathable so the alcohol from the patch slowly evaporates and the wound can even breath while it is protected.

Since I used this setup I do not want to go back to regular plasters again.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Kiwi25
    Kiwi25
    Survivalist
    member3

I have a survival tool that has a compass on the case and a knife/tool credit card size. The compass will not work unless the knife is pulled out.. but it seems to be ok once away from steel. I had a hard time finding a small compass on its own.. of any quality.

I carry a couple of hard candies in my tin. I find I am often eating them in non emergency situations.. just to boost my energy. Makes the kit “useful” everyday. I also carry tylenol, and voltarin for the same reason. And an anti acid.

I think a small button LED light is a good item. If you are caught out at night.. you are in big trouble without light. And it is also a signal. http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/camping-outdoors/tools-knives-compasses/multi-tools/auction-709740135.htm

Profile photo of Georgethreshman
    Georgethreshman
    Survivalist
    member2

Water purifier, matches, P38 can opener, pocket knife, rice in pouch w/bay leaves to keep out bugs, protein powder, survival blanket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.