Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

For those of us that live in the desert southwest , a super food of sorts has been hanging around , before our eyes . I was in a shop in Tucson AZ. and they had bags of Mesquite bean flour , I have heard of people doing this , and wanted to try it . If you have not tasted it , you should , its very sweet nutty flavor , almost spicy ….and apparently , its one of the sugars diabetics can metabolize , as something about desert plants makes it safer . I’m not a doctor , but know that its safe for them to eat . I started reading more about how it was done , and came up with this .

http://www.desertharvesters.org/

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

I checked out the website and subscribed. I don’t live in Tucson, but my brother does and I emailed him the website address. I purchased a jar of Mesquite Bean Jam and it was delicious! It tasted like honey with a twist. It was great. I hoarded it for a long time till it finally ran out. I was fortunate enough that the lady who made it, gave me the recipe and now I am looking for the beans at the right time to make up a batch of it. I think it is later summer that she harvested it here in our area. I think this is a major key to survival – using what God has provided, right there at our doorsteps. We can harvest the good things. Prickly pear is another of the good edibles. Good for food and good for burns and other medicinal things. Thanks for the website, Tolik.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.