Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

NW Florida here. Level 3 trained and equipped. Seeking folks who believe in being aware and prepared, not sheeple who are looking for handouts or folks who are still in denial about things happening to us right now and the root problems. Looking for responses.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

so anyone on here from the UK and if so anyone from the south west???

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of Meduseld
    Meduseld
    Survivalist
    member2

I am keen to meet South Africans here, especially South Africans whose motivations for preparing are political; in other words people who are concerned about the prospects of widespread civil unrest and violent insurrection rather than water shortages and blackouts in-and-of-themselves.

Are you afraid of land invasions, such as happened in Nellmapius, and are you afraid that an explosion of the frustrations the +20mil un-people (uneducated, unemployed, ‘ungry, and unhappy) in SA pose a threat to peace and stability? Well, that’s me, and I am keen to make like-minded friends. I have absolutely no interest in prepping for zombies, tidal waves, sun flares, or comet strikes.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Meduseld, the SHTF has already begun in SA but like the proverbial frog in a pot of water being brought to a boil. it seems most in SA accept it all as normal life. If I were in SA, the prospect of an all out racial war would be at the top of my list. Personally, looking at SA from afar makes me think of the Jews in Europe on the eve of WWII. Those who could see it coming left. It didn’t work out so well for the rest. That said, it is far better to prep for civil war than to not.

Profile photo of Moby
    Moby
    Veteran
    member1

Rule #1 have guns
    Rule #2 have friends with guns.

In a SHTF situation having an organized group that trains and prepares together is a must.
    Individuals stand little chance.
    The key is to evacuate and ride out the storm elsewhere.
    There are two types of “bugging”, out & in.

Bugging in may be appropriate during a natural disaster of limited scope.
    Bugging out may be required in a collapse of law and order situation.

In either event, having friends that can assist with security and their own preps is asset.
    Anyone in the Dallas metroplex area that is interested in such a group please PM me.
    We have a group about 50 strong. We train, prep, and have a bug out hunting ranch hours outside
    the Dallas area. Vetting processes occur. I’m new here so I understand the skepticism.
    We seek about 10 more members. Medical/military training a plus but not a must.
    Must have (or plan to have) 90 days of preps for you and your family.
    Ability/willingness to participate in monthly training required. (we’re not ridged on this but expect participation)
    Moby

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
    Be brave and upright that God may love thee.
    Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
    Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I live in what is my BOL and don’t have anywhere else to go. I could walk long distance somewhere if I had to but my wife is past doing that. We are where we are come what may, though I took that into consideration when we chose this place. We chose property that could produce food and made sure the house was big enough for others to join us. My son & wife will definitely join us. I hope my daughter & family will too but they’re about 850 miles and 6 States away, so that is far from assured. My son has talked abut a couple of his survivalist friends joining us which is OK with me. His friends have a BOL a couple hours from here but my understanding is that the set up isn’t as good as mine. I wish I knew how to go about organizing my neighborhood ahead of time. If folks bought in, great, if not, I’m then the neighborhood crazy and everyone knows I’m prepped.

Profile photo of Nariyna
    Nariyna
    Survivalist
    member1

I am willing to meet people who are from the Southern California area to add to our small group of people.
    As Moby posted and states:
    Rule #1 have guns
    Rule #2 have friends with guns.
    Rule#3 Must have (or plan to have) 90 days of preps for you and your family.
    Rule#4 Ability/willingness to participate in monthly training required.

Profile photo of campandpreppioneers
    campandpreppioneers
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi there all.

We are a family in co.clare Ireland and wish to know if there are other preppers from Ireland on this site? We live out in the country side, well hidden and have a vegetable garden growing our own veg. We had chickens, but when we re-home our dog after my son turned 1, foxes and pi-martins killed all our chickens. We are getting ready to built a big chicken pen as well as getting some rabbits in due time. We keep to ourselves though we see our neighbours and few friends time to time, no one knows our political views or that we are preppers. We also recently invested all our savings into an Army Surplus online store and in market trading and will be the first to market trade in Co.clare in Army surplus gear and equipment at most affordable costs.. We aim to slowly help people prepare without them knowing they are preparing, If ye get my drift. We feel the more prepared people become the lesser of a threat to the community they will be. We have a store room (unknown location separate from home) full of Army Surplus clothing, boots, petrol stoves, ammo boxes, cookery equipment, medical boxes, water bottles bug out bags, gas masks, tents, blankets, sleeping bags, food etc to kit out and supply the whole community and to trade with when the SHTF. I am even holding onto old baby clothes for that time to supply mothers in the community with fresh sets of clothes for their babies when SHTF. We are looking for potential trustworthy, team-playing fellow-preppers nearby to join. Anyone interested please contact me by business email address sales@armysurpluspioneers.com

Kind regards, stay safe and God bless you all
    Campandpreppioneers

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

Washington state here.
    Mom with two boys. I never wear high heels unless I am going out…I am 6 foot tall, and if I was in that situation with an EMPwalking 100 miles home, I’d find the first horse even partially broke and ride home. No heels.

I live far enough from town, we don’t have many preppers here, so no groups as far as we are aware…we are on our own.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

My take on that is that its not worth it . In my opinion , the risks outweigh the rewards . Its better to form your own group of people you have known for years , rather than be in contact with somebody that you dont know that well , then there is the government . I think its better to join and read as many blogs , such as this one , and communicate in that way only .

Profile photo of Gman4q2
    Gman4q2
    Survivalist
    member1

Anyone from the Buffalo NY area?
    Have most everything I need except the organized group.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

be very careful meeting so called “preppers” off the forums, very few are what they say they are. I have met about 8 people off forums and only 2 were what I would call a prepper,all the others are either “hangers on” or are just in it for the “social scene” , camping and BBQ’s and such, very few have a clue and just don’t “get it” as far as SHTF is concerned.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of Nariyna
    Nariyna
    Survivalist
    member1

As Lonewolf has stated be very careful meeting people outside of the forums. I had one experience where the people just wanted to know where our Bug Out Location was. We never told them. Just be aware people maybe out there to take advantage. Be very cautious keep your secrets close to you. I recommend you form your own group of people that you have known for a very long time. Just my two cents.

Profile photo of Meduseld
    Meduseld
    Survivalist
    member2

Fair enough, Nariyna and Lonewolf, but, for whatever it is worth, I have been fortunate to meet three people away from the forum now, and all three of them were legitimate. They vary drastically in the amount/value of their resources and in their modes of plans, but all three are people whom I take seriously.
    Having said that, I should admit that I was quite selective in who I responded to, so the odds were a little bit more in my favour from the outset.
    Anyway, I am thrilled to have met them, and don’t feel quite so alone in this hectic period in South Africa.
    Would be pleased if I could meet another dozen guys of similar quality.
    (To any South Africans reading this, I am in Gangsters’ Paradise, and am one of those who is convinced by SvR’s (if you don’t know who that is, Bing/Google “Siener” and Suidlanders) prediction that the safest region in the impending civil war will be the region to which the SLs are headed, namely between S’dam and Plett. My own BOL is a few kilometres eastwards, simply because… well, it just is).

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Connecting with like-minded folks can have plenty of benefits. Our family connect with homesteading community (family/friends) in our area. ‘Preppers’ is not a term we use in networking with our homesteading community. We do a lot of trading etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.