Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

From a member of my group:
    “Ok, guys, if you had a class to teach that didn’t require your own space, or had a group and wanted to do a team building gathering, would you be willing to use a campground that offered conference services, gun range, primitive and cabin camping, and what would you want to see offered?”

I would like to see: first aid using natural methods. Morse code for communications in the group. Making trails and disguising trails. Making traps to get animals for food. Making BP.
    Robin

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’d like to add something about caching supplies.

Occam
    Occam
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Robin wrote:</div>From a member of my group:<br>
    “Ok, guys, if you had a class to teach that didn’t require your own space, or had a group and wanted to do a team building gathering, would you be willing to use a campground that offered conference services, gun range, primitive and cabin camping, and what would you want to see offered?”

I would like to see: first aid using natural methods. Morse code for communications in the group. Making trails and disguising trails. Making traps to get animals for food. Making BP.<br>
    Robin

Spot on Robin. Definitely the natural first aid.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I’m all EARS!

:D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of recon
    recon
    Survivalist
    member1

Besides this one I belong to a couple of well know prepper sights. Seems the traffic has slowed and people aren’t doing or saying to much anymore. Yeah it’s summer but still it’s gotten really quite out there. Would love to get some people into a group or get into one but no one is talking right now. Strange really! Did have a meet a couple of years ago locally but that was it! Nothing came of it.

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

I’m in the same boat, recon. Having trouble meeting the right people, getting into a group or even starting one. I put out a couple messages a while back on two other websites, no replies, no responces. I agree, it’s pretty quiet out there. What is one to do?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Look elsewhere.

Boy Scout Troops are looking for volunteers, and Emergency Preparedness and First Aid are required merit badges.

Start a canning group at your church.

Talk to your local emergency management personnel, talk to your local extension office, you may be surprised what is available out there.

In my home town there are 22 master gardeners who not only tend a local park but put on classes.

What you find may not fall into the survivalist category but it is certainly prepping training.

Profile photo of recon
    recon
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>claymor wrote:</div>I’m in the same boat, recon. Having trouble meeting the right people, getting into a group or even starting one. I put out a couple messages a while back on two other websites, no replies, no responces. I agree, it’s pretty quiet out there. What is one to do?

Hopefully it will change in the upcoming Fall/Winter seasons.

Profile photo of Nariyna
    Nariyna
    Survivalist
    member1

Howdy,
    I know what you mean Recon. I did a couple of meet and greets a year or so ago and nothing ever came of it. I did find out the person at the meet and greet only wanted information and to use people for what they had. It is very hard to find people to trust and not have an alternate motive. Very frustrating to say the least.

Profile photo of recon
    recon
    Survivalist
    member1

Trust! That is and will be a issue for most of us! The only other person that thinks like me is my brother and my son. The wife and daughters I’ll have to work on. As far as neighbors that will be a slow process. Have to be careful what you say or what you tell them so as not make them think your nuts!

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Nariyna – I think we have met the same person. The first meet/greet went great. Over a course of several months it became clear she was recruiting people to come to her place when SHTF and help her. She was not interested in helping anyone!
    Robin

Profile photo of Nariyna
    Nariyna
    Survivalist
    member1

Robin,
    Seems there are a lot people out there like that. I live in the Southern California area. I don’t mind working in a group and pulling my fair share and then some, but I won’t/can’t prep for other people, I don’t have the funding or space for that. I can help to a point and give the information they need. I guess it comes down to personal responsibility.

Nari

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Robin wrote:
    Nariyna – I think we have met the same person. The first meet/greet went great. Over a course of several months it became clear she was recruiting people to come to her place when SHTF and help her. She was not interested in helping anyone!

Robin

I could be fine with that, if they had a suitable and large facility…
    But I would BYO (bring MY own) when the SHTF commences, not before!
    If you cached large amounts of supplies there, would you be welcome when it actually happened?
    I’d just be happy to find some like minded individuals CLOSE BY!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

On the OTHER HAND, it would also be great to know who and where, and if you were displaced, you could find a place to land. I know of one large family group, but need to get something set up “just in case”!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Denholm
    Denholm
    Survivalist
    member1

Hi I am Denholm from Butler County, Ohio USA, I am a 41 male and I am interesting in urban survival, offline grouping for practicing and honing our skills, and I would like to meet everyone locally of course, but online as well. I am preparing with fitness, walking, hiking, biking, camping right now, setting up bug out locations and traveling.

And online I am also introducing myself to anyone at

Personal twitter @distress_flag

facebook https://www.facebook.com/OpDistress.flag

skype distress_flag

zello distress_flag

Thank you!

Denholm

@OpDistress_flag #OpDistress #hOTzONE

Operations twitter @OpDistress_flag

Personal twitter @distress_flag

facebook https://www.facebook.com/OpDistress.flag

skype d

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.