Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

CIDRAP is warning that surgical facemasks do not prevent transmission of Ebola, and healthcare professionals (HCP) must immediately be outfitted with full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirator.

CIDRAP warns in regards to N95 respirators, “Healthcare workers have experienced very high rates of morbidity and mortality in the past and current Ebola virus outbreaks. A facemask, or surgical mask, offers no or very minimal protection from infectious aerosol particles.”

The highly respected Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota just advised the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) that “there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles,” including exhaled breath

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/14/CIDRAP-Confirms-Ebola-Transmittable-by-Air

CIDRAP’s warning that Ebola can be spread by “infectious aerosol particles,” such as breathing, means the pandemic should be expected to continue to accelerate.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I didn’t want to be correct about this being an airborne virus, but it wasn’t hard to see that it was the reason why over 400 medical workers became infected. The Directors of both the CDC and WHO should be charged with criminal negligence. A paper mask N95 or N 100 is not going to protect you in a close proximity environment. It might help walking down the street. All of your exposed areas will trap the virus contained in droplets, clothing included.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well 74 we have been posting this here for days. Ebola is a airborne virus. Many of the doctors that I know personally have been telling me the same thing.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

If its air born we should know in the next 5 days. The cluster is going to be bigger than 2 if so.

Still, I am surprised we haven’t seen a case outside the hospital yet.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS, It is airborne, the thing is they have it closed in the hospital right now. Airborne means it can travel from 3 to 20 feet and then it falls to the floor. It also lives for about 24 to 48 hours. If there is no one infected outside the hospital then we will be ok but this is why the CDC runs mad when a new case happens. The CDC wants to know every person that you have been with and where you live and burn everything you have. But it is airborne just like a flu virus.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I will note that CIDRAP is one of the world’s premier infectious disease research organizations. I always take what they say seriously.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I agree CIDRAP knows infectious diseases. The N95 mask is a very good mask so the Ebola virus is more infectious than what the CDC is telling us. All the doctor friends that I have been getting info from have been 100% right so fare in telling me that this Ebola virus is a semi-airborne virus.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom, yep.

My all time worst horror movie as a child was carnosaurs. That weird movie where the pandemic somehow had something to do with dinosaurs, I was really young.

The movie was cheesy, but what scared me as a kid, was when the guys in hazmat showed up with flame throwers and burned the survivors alive, it was just a twist that they spent the whole movie trying to find a cure, and did, litterally just as they where burned alive.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS Yes this Ebola virus is mutating faster then they know. Right now the area of airborne is in the 3 to 20 feet which if they isolate the area good it maybe controlled but if it mutates more we are in trouble. It will be like the FLU.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Most preppers pay attention to these things, but I wonder how many sheeple are out there believing it’s no big deal, because the government said so.

Has anyone seen any statistics on public perception of the Ebola outbreak? I’ve got to believe that the government bs is not flying.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

In reality ebola probably Is just as contagious as the flu. The difference is the incubation time and the percentage of deaths.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The flu virus has many types of contagious degrees, some are contagious to 5 to 20 feet and some are airborne to the point where they can travel long distances in the air. The Ebola virus 74 is now at that level of a flu virus for sure, now how fare it can travel is what is not well known since the CDC is playing with us. Now like the flu virus staying away from people will keep you safe.

The face masks will only be for when you have to go out where there is a lot of people.

For right now I can say for sure that Ebola is contagious at close range up to 20 feet and maybe more.

One other thing we have not talked about is that we need to not get the flu this year because that will make us easier to get other viruses since our immune system will be fighting the flu virus. So an Ebola virus would have no problem infecting someone that has a flu virus.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.