Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Okay guys, so I haven’t been on here much of a lot recently, since I’m currently in the process of joining the military (Canadian, since I’m, well, Canadian, duh) and I’ve been training a fair bit.

So I could be gone to basic training in a few weeks, so I’ll be away from the forum for a few months, but not gone for good, so I don’t want anyone taking the rank of Forum ******* from me :P

Just a few things, no, I won’t obey unlawful orders, whatever those could be. If I do somehow find myself deployed in CONUS I won’t wear a blue helmet, but I’ll say “It’s cool, I know Selco!” so don’t shoot at the tall guy in CADPAT. I’ll also do what I can to answer any questions that I’m able to answer about general military stuff/small unit tactics, comms, etc.

But yeah, I’m posting this now so that I have it out of the way, and so that if I have to leave rather quickly and don’t have time to announce my official “brb”, y’all know that it’s for a specific reason.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good luck to you! Stay safe.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Red, Thanks for your contributions, hope you do well.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good luck Mr. Red, hope to see you again here!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

All the best for the training! Maybe you find some time to share some of your lessons learned over here. Enjoy the time!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Good luck.

Three things:
    Never give up.
    Hydrate x3.
    Take your time, quickly.

And in advance of your departure, see you when you return.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Red, good luck my friend; always good to see someone willing to “serve” the people.

To add to Whirli’s advice (#1 is IMPORTANT) – from my USMC brothers and I – #4 “Chow is Continuous”.

Semper Fi, K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of ArcticSurvivor
    ArcticSurvivor
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Good luck Mr. Red!
    -Arcticsurvivor

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Congratulations, Mr. Red. I salute you, Sir. Ron S

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Glad you are doing something positive…. You will learn more about yourself during your time in the military than you could possibly imagine. Just make sure to keep your head on a swivel for threats either here or abroad. Many of the nasty accidents I saw were related to training and integration of those that were not combat ready when given live ammo.

Good luck and “insert Canadian military slogan here.” In the Navy we said “fair winds and following seas” and the Marines I was with always said “Semper Fi.” Maybe “Don’t eat the yellow snow” since you are in the Great White North?

http://ageofdecadence.com

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks everyone. Yeah Sled I think Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow works! lol

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Good luck Red. God bless and be safe. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Don’t worry by the time you get back from Africa, Canada and the US will be in an ice age. You’ll love the arctic sunshine. No bugs, no parasites, and no rap.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.