Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not that they had far to go.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438136/massachusetts-attorney-general-unilaterally-bans-assault-weapons

Clean, lubed and loaded gents (and Ladies).

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And she will likely get away with it. The overwhelming majority of the population in MA is urban/suburban and liberal. Gun ownership is very low. MA is a wealthy State with a very high standard of living with a huge high tech industry and far more than its share of colleges and such. If you can tolerate the politics life is good there, but I for one am so glad to have left, and my son is chomping at the bit to move to Vermont too.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Strange how semantics influences public opinion. If we just said “military style rifles” there wouldn’t be all the shuddering and recoiling from nasty black guns in the public mind. But noooo….. Plus all the nonsense they see in computerized movies. The Second Amendment specifically protected our rights to military style weapons, in my opinion, when taken in full context. It referred to a public militia, not hunting arms…

Ahh, well. What was that WW II saying? Why are the Latvians pouring oil on their gardens?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Mass has an AG? Apparently she’s gone over board or had a reality break, such people are usually end up institutionalized for observation. America has really become a crazy place. I wonder if she is a prescription drug abuser. They can become delusional very quickly. Maybe a heroin user. You never know until they start showing radical schizoid behavior.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

MA has a history of over the top Attorney Generals. One of the current one’s predecessors had said that States weren’t bound by the Bill of Rights, that it instead only applied to the Federal Govt. She said it in reference to the 2nd Amendment. My guess is that the current AG is positioning herself for higher office by this move. That or she just wants to one up California (or NY, CT, MD, or NJ) on the crazy meter. In the past 5 years MA has had a total of 2 gun deaths by rifle of any kind, so that is the crime wave she is trying to address.

My son follows these things very closely. I asked him to clarify something for me about whether the current owners of these guns were grandfathered. He said that she is saying that everyone has been buying these illegally for the past 22 years but that she isn’t going to prosecute people. For now. But she reserves the right to change her mind. I can’t imagine she will prevail in a court challenge but that sort of thing can take years to wind its way through.

Did I say how glad I am to have left MA?

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

So MB, Mass joins NY and NJ where the formerly law abiding have now become the largest class of felons. The AG has gone mental. It’s an epidemic. Best way to describe it. When you say a court challenge? Maybe you mean a witchcraft trial. That’s about what it amounts to.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

If we just said “military style rifles” there wouldn’t be all the shuddering and recoiling from nasty black guns in the public mind

Call them “Sport-Utility Rifles.”

Cry, "Treason!"

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

So MB, Mass joins NY and NJ where the formerly law abiding have now become the largest class of felons. The AG has gone mental. It’s an epidemic. Best way to describe it. When you say a court challenge? Maybe you mean a witchcraft trial. That’s about what it amounts to.

Yes, but remember, Massachusetts has experience putting witches on trial. http://historyofmassachusetts.org/the-salem-witch-trials/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.