Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

The military has always had surplus equipment following wars but in the past it was not used to militarize police. I can only assume that it has been purposeful, as has been the dramatic increase in the use of SWAT Teams for routine matters.

Yea… like seeing if someone has broken into a house, refusing to check his credentials that prove unequivocally that he has every right to be there working, handcuffing him and holding a gun on him for 45 minutes and then getting pissed off when a sergeant arrives and orders them to release him because he was smart enough to take 5 minutes to verify the credentials.

I have very little use for cops.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe most cops and most departments try to be professional in their duties. Just like every other pool of people 10% are not within the norm. If 10% couldn’t perform their positions properly it would seem like they all were a problem.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe just like the military will do the same will happen with the police. Many will not obey and turn and fight for the people. All of this martial law will not be easy for the government. They will need to hide till they know if it worked or not. The elites may end up running or getting killed.

I see this as there last resort. When the economy is in the beginning of a collapse then they do not have a choice so they are preparing as best as they can. This is why they are trying to ban ammo since they were not able to ban guns.

They know the numbers of more then 300 million guns owned by more then 100 million Americans.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

We have a government that has all but neutered the males of this country and disallow anyone from defending themselves without fear of prison time. They have done this so that we now depend on LEO’s to “defend” us against those that are doing us harm. Instead, we have to wait for some cop to show up and pray that the baseball bat being slammed against our head breaks, the thug gets tired, or the cops show up at a reasonable time. Working as a bouncer on and off for many years, I can attest to how bad response times and attitudes of cops have gotten over time. It used to be where a call from a bar about a fight would bring the “calvary” within a reasonable amount of time and I wouldn’t have to worry about getting arrested if I had to physically restrain someone. Now, one of the bouncers at the bar across the street was cuffed and “talked to” for leg kicking and arm barring someone that hit him with a beer bottle. Seriously? Why even have security if we can get arrested for defending ourselves. Wonder what will happen if we have to drag someone to the door for fighting now….. Really thinking about starting to wear body armor. Last time I had to call the cops it took 45 minutes and they showed up, no joke, with coffee cups and eating some sort of snack.

How about coming into a house to serve a search warrant because they saw a “post online?” Seriously? Most of those idiots working at the police department can’t even spell IT so how do they know that it was actually legit? I will answer that… They don’t. Instead they do shoddy work and just bust down a door rather than investigating the residence and those living there. Slapping people around is always the preferred method, don-cha-know…… You see the video released recently about the guy shot in LA while being beat down by 6 cops? He was a POS, but seriously? The guy was on his side, you can hear the cops using a taser on him, and the cop had to draw his weapon to shoot the guy. You can see it all on video. Wrestling for a handgun? How come the cop had to draw it to shoot then? Pure crap and the cops will probably get off.

This is all conditioning to make it seem like the Bill or Rights has no more bearing in today’s world.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am still in the side of more then 50% will not obey the unconstitutional rules when the time comes, there will be a lot turn to help the people. There are bad cop and there are good cops it is just that many of the bad cops are feeling like they have all the power. But thing will turn in a time of collapse.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Look I have many friends that are police officers that I sit down with and talk to them about many things and all have told me that when the time comes they will be with the people.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Freedom:

I think that there are some very nice cops that have either retired or are no longer on the streets where normal people see them. This push for cops to be more military than “officers” is what I feel is wrong with not only LEO’s image, but also the way that they now deal with people. If you treat everyone like crap then it won’t take long before you start getting treated like crap.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, Like I said it is a 50/50 now which is bad. Before it was a 10% bad and 90% good. But I am seeing the same as the way the elections of the country went close to 50/50. I have some friends in the police, DHS, and Customs and all tell me the same thing that there are bad apples and they do not talk about them.

But one thing all of them tell me is that when a collapse happens they are with the people and will turn on the bad ones. So I believe we have some hope if we the people fight back when the day comes.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I believe most cops and most departments try to be professional in their duties. Just like every other pool of people 10% are not within the norm. If 10% couldn’t perform their positions properly it would seem like they all were a problem.

My problem is this , if the abuses were isolated incidents , that would be one thing . But the fact that there are so many videos of bad cops on youtube , internet , and media forms in general . The fact there are literally thousands of video taped and documented Nazi like abuse , should lead any reasonable person to realize that this not isolated , but a full blown epidemic , and a chronic epidemic . We the people will indeed be forced at some point to fight back . Kaliforia and NY are both fighting for the lowest wrung of the freedom ladder , not surprising that the LAPD and NYPD are fighting for the dirtiest department in the nation title.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

My life experience is not typical of most Americans perhaps in that it is limited to small town New England. The places I have lived have been on the low end of the crime rate spectrum and have had virtually no diversity. Those factors may well affect the mindset of LEO’s but I have never felt that the local police or State Police in my area were corrupt or that they behaved as if the general public were the enemy. None of my friends have ever expressed any opinions to the contrary either. People seem to respect the police and the police in turn seem to treat the general public with respect. I have seen numerous stories and videos of corrupt police and police depts and so I know there are plenty of bad apples out there, but I also think that most LEO’s are trying to do it right. The problem traditionally has been the manner in which the good police and the unions look the other way, in effect protecting the bad ones. That has always been the case but now we also have the Federal govt. pushing to militarize the police, and for reasons I don’t understand the police just go along with it even when they know the public doesn’t like it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtB, Oh…….Well I have a number of first hand cop stories. This is is the basic problem with some police officers. It attracts people that like to command other people. Many of these people would of their own abilities not be able to command the respect of anyone. This group of LE like to use their authority to escalate and exacerbate any opportunity. They abuse their authority at every opportunity. To many police departments don’t have psychological testing and parameters to keep these guys out. If this type ends up as a chief then whoa watch out!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

MB ,
    I have a buddy , that upon getting out of the Air Force , became a federal marshal , got tired of the raveling , so went into corrections ………….after a time , he came to the realization that he didn’t like what the profession was turning him into . So he quit , and became an A/C repairman …………now he is very happy being a normal guy , and seeing life in a better way .

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I guess the question must be asked,

Would you rather the two little cowards have gotten away to do it again?

Extenuating circumstances, these two were a threat to the public.
    They were a threat to everyone until they were caught.

Much like the ex LAPD coward and murderer Dorner. Did they set up roadblocks? Circle enrire neighborhoods? Go cabin to cabin?
    I think the old couple he held hostage may say that it wasn’t enough.
    Or soon enough.
    The families of those he killed likely agree.

I have woken people up to search their houses after the signs pointed to the bad guy being there without their knowledge. We did lock down sections of town until threats were mitigated.

Inconvenienced beats the heck out of being dead.
    That’s the true infringement of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

A threat until caught.

The rest of the story: What’s his face – the Snackbar on trial right now – was apprehended after his hiding place was noticed by a civilian, and it was outside the cordon the cops set up. Civilian noticed the boat dude was hiding in, realized something was wrong, and called the cops.

Which means all the SturmAbteilungen tactics used by the cops meant nothing, really. Except to establish a precedent for trampling the rights of the citizenry.

I have woken people up to search their houses after the signs pointed to the bad guy being there without their knowledge.

Probable cause – the signs leading to their property – gave you the justification to search their premises. Otherwise, a warrant would have been required.

Inconvenienced beats the heck out of being dead.

The 4th Amendment is not “an inconvenience” and I find your flippant attitude towards what the Boston cops did offensive. People have a right to be secure in their homes and their papers. It doesn’t say “Unless the cops decide there’s “extenuating circumstances”. Then the Constitution does not apply.”

The Constitution cannot be voided by middle management cops in some police department somewhere because they say so… that’s the whole point.

If it comes down to choosing between being free and being safe (the rallying cry of tyrants everywhere), then I choose being FREE.

And I disagree with you re: Dorner. Those two Snackbars and their Wil E. Coyote fireworks/pressure cooker bomb thing are not and were not in the same class as Dorner, did not possess the same skill set and Dorner’s threats were largely against the LAPD – not the citizenry at large, which is what the two Snackbars were doing. Comparing the two cases is like comparing apples and volkswagons.

And just because cops in California crapped on the Constitution and got away with the same SturmAbteilung tactics does not make it legal, Constitutional or even right…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Goes to our current police state…

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/were_all_criminals_and_outlaws_in_the_eyes_of_the_american_police_state

As always, it’s a racket.

And we haven’t even touched Civil Asset Forfeiture yet… that’s just state sanctioned armed robbery under color of law.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Right on Malgus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.