Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Is this the way the government is preparing for martial law? You tell me!

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

In a simple word: YES! The Boston bombing was a preview of what is to come. A major US city locked down to search for two men. If unrest begins to ramp up, so will the policing to tamp it down.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, that is what I think too.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The government prepares for its own survival. The concept is bigger than martial law. Its Goverment Totality. A regulation for everybody and everything.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The military has always had surplus equipment following wars but in the past it was not used to militarize police. I can only assume that it has been purposeful, as has been the dramatic increase in the use of SWAT Teams for routine matters.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I guess the question must be asked,

Would you rather the two little cowards have gotten away to do it again?

Extenuating circumstances, these two were a threat to the public.
    They were a threat to everyone until they were caught.

Much like the ex LAPD coward and murderer Dorner. Did they set up roadblocks? Circle enrire neighborhoods? Go cabin to cabin?
    I think the old couple he held hostage may say that it wasn’t enough.
    Or soon enough.
    The families of those he killed likely agree.

I have woken people up to search their houses after the signs pointed to the bad guy being there without their knowledge. We did lock down sections of town until threats were mitigated.

Inconvenienced beats the heck out of being dead.
    That’s the true infringement of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

maybe it was a test to see how far the citizens would allow authorities to do in “crisis” mode martial law no warrant searches…for a event that has many more questions than answers

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ah whirly, Just busting into people’s homes and doing warrantless searches was not ok. There can’t be a sliding scale for the laws. It will constantly be moved.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

While everyone was listening to Netanyahu’s speech, the pres introduced his plan to nationalize America’s police force. It includes training on how to deal with minority communities “regardless of their conviction rates.” And of course, more govt supervision/control of local and state police and people…”

Don’t know how to link but here is the adr:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/02/obama-unveils-national-obamalaw-plan/?advD=1248%2C1623801&bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiI2OTk0N2JhZC00Yzc4LTQ1ZTYtYWNkZC02NWFiYzQ3ZTAwMWQifQ%3D%3D

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Now that most of the police departments have been receiving federal funding through equipment handouts and other monies the fed can start attaching the strings and make the puppets dance to their tune.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

My understanding is that the “lockdown” in Boston, Cambridge, and Watertown was technically voluntary. Martial law was not declared nor was a State of Emergency declared. The request worked I think in large part because people were still in shock over the bombing and to a great extent the culture in Massachusetts is amenable to cooperating with authorities in that manner. Where it went wrong is with those who did go out, including media people, who were being stopped and frisked without warrants with police & the military acting as if it was a mandatory lockdown.

After the shoot out with the older brother and the search being narrowed down to Watertown where they went house to house, most people cooperated and gave permission for the police/military to search their homes. Again, it fits the culture. My understanding is that those who didn’t consent had their homes searched anyway without warrants. I also saw scenes on TV of people coming out of their homes with their hands in the air. That hardly looked like voluntary searches to me, especially when the police knew exactly who they were looking for and what they looked like. Whether it was the police, federal agents, or military acting as if martial law had been declared, it was happening to some extent.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That is very bad news wildartist! States need to fight this. We do not want this to happen!!!!

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74 is right. Step one is where States and communities become dependent upon federal funding. Step two is when the feds then start to micromanage the States and communities to fit the then current political agenda. This is not a Democrat vs Republican thing. Both parties have worked for decades to make the country dependent upon federal funding. Monday night was Town Meeting here and even in my little town of 2,000 people federal funding came up several times in the meeting in explanations of various budgets.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ah whirly, Just busting into people’s homes and doing warrantless searches was not ok. There can’t be a sliding scale for the laws. It will constantly be moved.

74 , I agree 100% , especially in these times when the true motivations of authorities must be questioned . We will survive anything the world can throw at us as Americans BECAUSE of our Constitution , not in spite of it . In my mind , there is NO condition or emergency that can justify its violation . Better to take the hit once in awhile than roll over and degrade the most singly important , and greatest document ever created by any society . I would rather not live in Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia , which is where this nation is headed at the present time .

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I second Tolik’s post!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.