Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Us! But the problem will be will they shoot at us the people, some will but there will be some that will turn on them and shoot them down in the middle of it all.

The government is still not sure what will happen. How many will turn on them? They really don’t know.

I know personally some in the Homeland Security that will not do it and will be with the people. When they are asked they lie to stay there. So we have many inside that they really do not know.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I agree Freedom. I would suspect that they will have to bring in NATO troops, and a lot of them, if they truly want to keep control. The only other option I see is to try to hold off as long as they can and let the indoctrination camps we call schools work their magic. I’m not sure that they can hold off the collapse for more than a few years now though.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight, If the Communist have discovered a new way to indoctrinate maybe it will work, but Russia, China and Cuba have been trying indoctrination in schools for over 50 years and it doesn’t work. The mind of man can not be controlled.

I think the camps will be used to end the life of may that go there.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The USA has been indoctrinating children for over 50 years and sometimes it does work, look at all the progressives they created.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes but some change once they get older and see the truth. Right now the progressives do not even know what the word progressive really means, 5%  think it is for free food, free healthcare and so on. They do not know what Communism is and that Progressives is Communism. Some think Communism is cool, no rich people! That is what the young think. Wait till they find out it is about control, lost of freedoms.

The young will ether die or will have to be killed because many will rebel. This happens in all the countries that are Communist. When they become 30 years old they lose 80% or more. This happens in Cuba. Right now the war of indoctrination is being lost in Cuba and the government doesn’t know what to do.

We do have the problem of the young that are easily talked into all the free stuff and easy jobs formore money so they love what the progressives say even if it is all a lie. It is bad brother. I talk to my kids everyday because they are being feed this progressive lie in the schools.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LOL hell I know they change..just look at me :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

They need to change a little faster!!!

Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Total martial law is not possible in all of America. Let’s look at the facts:

The US Army, using the study of counterinsurgencies and military tacticians, have generally figured that at a bare minimum, 20 counter insurgents are needed per 1000 population. Let us consider that if there was attempted martial law, the situation may get violent enough to resemble an insurgency (look at Los Angeles in ’65 and ’92, for instance).

http://strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/parameters/articles/09winter/goode.pdf

This rounds out to about 2% of a population, at a minimum.

Now, let us do some math:

Active Duty US Armed Forces (1.3 million in all branches)

Population of the US (Around 310 million)

1.3/310=.0042=Less than 1%

But, OK, let us include all reservists as well, on top of all police forces (about 1 million cops in America).

2.1 million + 1 million/310=.01.

1 percent, and this is considering that the military has relatively few infantry men. I doubt a Boatswain’s Mate in the Navy would be able to help much with a martial law situation. So even by this metric, the US military would fall short by it’s own standards to impose martial law on all of America. As for other NATO militaries–they have their own problems, not to mention NATO is not just some monolith either. Even if you add in 2 million other NATO troops, you would still fall slightly short of the bare minimum of 2%.

Overall, I think all this fear of Martial law is unjustified. For sure the US military could enforce martial law on a single *region*, but not across all of America. If it tried, it would fail. God knows we weren’t doing that great in Iraq, for instance. And in that case, American troops weren’t asked to shoot their own, either.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Overall, I think all this fear of Martial law is unjustified. For sure the US military could enforce martial law on a single *region*, but not across all of America. If it tried, it would fail. God knows we weren’t doing that great in Iraq, for instance. And in that case, American troops weren’t asked to shoot their own, either.

Great breakdown of those numbers, I agree. The problem is I don’t think they would need to lock down all of the US. Spread the wrong propaganda and show extreme force in one area might be enough to deter others to step out of line…

I think before this happens though, there will be steps to keep people fed and entertained and slowly drain their resources and everything else. This is already happening now. The government definitely benefits from ignorant citizen who watch TV series the whole day or escape reality in some other way and are happy with junk food that slowly kills them.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, If they use extreme force any were it will start a civil war. They know this.

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Jay wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tsar Alexander wrote:</div>

Great breakdown of those numbers, I agree. The problem is I don’t think they would need to lock down all of the US. Spread the wrong propaganda and show extreme force in one area might be enough to deter others to step out of line… I think before this happens though, there will be steps to keep people fed and entertained and slowly drain their resources and everything else. This is already happening now. The government definitely benefits from ignorant citizen who watch TV series the whole day or escape reality in some other way and are happy with junk food that slowly kills them.

I think overall, while you will see martial law in some places before this country breaks down, overall I am still more concerned about a collapse of order, not excessive order.

I think if you look at what happened in the USSR for instance, Gorbachev and others tried imposing martial law on breakaway republics, but since the whole system was just falling apart owing to it’s own failures,and add on top of that, that a lot of people in the high leadership of the USSR were just outright incompetent (like Gorbachev), and could not understand how to use force in an effective way.

Not saying martial law will not happen at all, what I am saying though, is that I feel a lot of people think martial law will be just this out of nowhere monolith, that will enslave America forever. I personally think Martial law may be imposed on specific regions (mainly in the Southern half of the country, with black and Latino racial warfare, mixed in with right wing movements in the deep south), and it will likely be a last ditch attempt by a crumbling political system to try and maintain a semblance of law and order. But considering how dumb many of our “leaders” are, this will just delay the inevitable.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tsar, I have to remind you that the Cubans in Miami are to the right and here will be a problem with close to 2million Cubans and only 250,000 other Latins fron South and Central Americans that are more to the left. The blacks in Miami have never gotten along with the Cubans so that maybe a problem.

Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>
    Tsar, I have to remind you that the Cubans in Miami are to the right and here will be a problem with close to 2million Cubans and only 250,000 other Latins fron South and Central Americans that are more to the left. The blacks in Miami have never gotten along with the Cubans so that maybe a problem.

Being right wing or left wing will mean little in the future. This will not be some ideological crusade to retake America from an evil “other” side. The “nation” is simply just not…. a nation anymore, rather a collection of nations.

I think the three biggest fault lines will be the Southeast (Dixie), the Southwest (Mexico +, as well as conflict with all the other groups down there, like white ranchers, blacks or Mormons), and “The North,”, which is everything from the Mid Atlantic, to the Pacific Northwest, and the upper Midwest. Generally, the demographics here is relatively homogenous, except in the Mid Atlantic states, where I expect some major warfare, both along racial, and regional lines.

I am not trying to imply I really like or hate any group here, but it seems that we are so segregated in America by class, religion, region, and race, that you start to wonder why should America exist at all if the Federal government can’t write any more checks to pacify us all with welfare (be it personal, or corporate).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.