Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, is the economy collapsing there already? I think that the U. S. economy will take down many countries. When you start seeing many economies going down world wide it is a sign that the U. S. is getting closer to the collapse.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

No, the economy isnt that good since years here and people are very much used to political unrest. I dont expect that anything happens if not one of the factions tries to fight the military (the red shirts might try this). Chances are they won’t because it would just end in lots of bloodshed.

A retired politics professor from a US university that lives here and I spoke with a few minutes ago expects 1-2 years of a government under the supervision of the military and then elections again.

Anyway, I will stay alert. We are ready to leave whenever and even if there is fighting, chances are the people in Bangkok will NOT leave. We had fighting here before 4 years ago when my friend the reporter guy got shot and nobody left the city.

As long as the supermarkets get food, life goes on… during the flooding 3 years ago things were a bit more dramatic. Some people were leaving.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay I have a good friend that lives in Thailand. He went to high school with me. His name is Scott Bieber, not sure if maybe you know him. Well I just sent him a message. Please keep us updated.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yeah, there is actually the first shooting going on. 13 minutes ago… https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/469452375095123968

Alright things get a bit more interesting now. Most likely we will leave tomorrow morning when the curfew is over. The army shuts down a lot of the major roads and public transportation to prevent demonstrators from moving around.

This guy has all the news: https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow

Oh wow they took CNN and other news and radio stations down. All channels are only allowed to broadcast military news.

They might also take down the Internet for some time. That would really piss off some people. Lots are already complaining that they have to be at home and TV isnt working…

Military blocked all exits in and out of Bangkok now. Roadblocks, people who need to go to the airport have to show their tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/bangkokpost/posts/10152240486787713

Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

Jay wrote:
    Oh wow they took CNN and other news and radio stations down. All channels are only allowed to broadcast military news.

Sounds like it is the right time to pull out and dust off that SW radio receiver. Stay safe.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks Vadim. They didn’t shut down the Internet, but all radio and news stations still play the same military approved program.

Good news is that both of the supporters of the political parties who were fighting each others are on their way home. Things are looking good now that calm returns.

Schools are closed for the next 3 days and the curfew will stay in effect for the same time as well I guess.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Keep your head down, get out if you aren’t already, if possible safely.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Staying “connected” and looking for proper information is crucial now. Best idea is to get out from there of course, but since we are having our lives, families, business and all else, sometimes it is not so easy.

What I suggest here is to make some kind of border line, of strict rules when you going to bug out. For example OK, I will bug out when they start to use too much violence” or “when civil rights are revoked” or something similar.

Since every situation is specific it can be different from scenario to scenario.

Point is not to be “paralyzed” by watching the news and following info in order to see there full scale collapse and then to decide to go. Nobody gonna announce that, and you are gonna be late if you wait for that.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks Whirlibird! Will do.

What I suggest here is to make some kind of border line, of strict rules when you going to bug out. For example OK, I will bug out when they start to use too much violence” or “when civil rights are revoked” or something similar.

Yeah, thanks man. If there is shooting or violence tonight in Bangkok we leave first thing in the morning. This is the red line that will kick everything into action. If not we keep monitoring the situation and leave as planned the day after.

This is one of the best assessments of the situation I have read so far. There are chances for domestic terrorism, it is already happening in the South of Thailand where Muslims kill school teachers and throw bombs at army outposts.

The “good” news would be that this would be focused on Bangkok and we would be far away from this. Of course if too many people get involved there is a chance of having a civil war…

One thing I want to point out is that Im also ready to completely abandon my home here and return to Europe. I will not fight and protect our land here if I realize things are heating up and my family and me could be in danger.

It is great to have this other option and very distant bug out location if Im able to get out quickly enough.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,

Why wait, do not delay, leave. You can go back next week or next month if it is safe or there is some actual important reason. Go now.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Jay,

Why wait, do not delay, leave. You can go back next week or next month if it is safe or there is some actual important reason. Go now.

Thanks, yes we left this morning, even though there was no shooting. We got everything done last night so there was no reason not to go. We will just spend a night half way to our homestead because we are still so tired.

Anyway, Im really happy that we decided to build our homestead this year. It is still very small because the original plan was to save money and build next year but we did not wait.

With the possibility of having acts of terror in Bangkok this was a good decision.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks, yes we left this morning, even though there was no shooting.

Good choice. When shooting starts it can be simply to late to leave the area, and then later you could ask yourself “how could I not seen what is coming?”
    I have been trough that.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good Jay, I am happen you left the area.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Glad to hear everyone is safe. We will keep praying for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.