Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I wonder how might social trends in immigration play in SHTF? This story made for interesting headlines:

‘Some 400 Undocumented Immigrants Flown From Texas Flood Arizona Bus Stations’

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/05/29/some-400-undocumented-immigrants-flown-from-texas-flood-arizona-bus-stations/

‘Mapping 100 Years Of US Immigration By State’ Interesting graphs:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-01/mapping-100-years-us-immigration-state

In a collapse scenario (collapse of social services) these trends may further complicate the situation for many communities particularly urban.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not at all, plenty of hog farms that need feed.

Sorry to say it, but I doubt that anyone will give a rats hind end about these criminals except to get the corpse off the porch.

Match up the crime rates of these criminals and their movements and you might be surprised.

10 years of cleaning up illegals crimes, I have few illusions about them or their motives. The fact that the zero administration does nothing with or to them just makes it worse.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I think it only matters what groups you have to face in your neighborhood. People from different backgrounds will stick together if they have shared values or heritage.

One thing I imagine that could be a bit scary about immigrants from less “civilized” countries is that they are more used to the rough life that we will experience after the collapse. Many of them who come from lawless areas are probably pretty street smart.

In the US it also makes a lot of sense to learn Spanish. When I called my bank over there a few years ago they already had the option to connect me to Spanish speaking staff but I heard this is already common.

One of the real dangers of immigration to a country and culture is if people do not integrate. I understand it makes sense from a business point of view to allow people to do business with you in Spanish but you create a parallel society and this can lead to tensions between the two groups of course.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

English is the language of America. They need to learn English first. They need to apply to come here legally. There is not if’s about it!

When I came to America the schools only had English and that is the way it should be. Also the U. S. Constitution should be one of the first things all children need to learn.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>English is the language of America. They need to learn English first. They need to apply to come here legally. There is not if’s about it!

When I came to America the schools only had English and that is the way it should be. Also the U. S. Constitution should be one of the first things all children need to learn.

Good luck with that.
    The US has no official language, until that happens, you aren’t going to get the language requirement re-implemented.

The Constitution? Why? It’s not like anyone in “power” has actually read it through, or has any comprehension of what it says. Why should anyone else? They might get ideas that their actual rights were being violated and abused.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, that is the way it was in the 1965 to 1975. Then the changes started happening but I was out of high school. What the hell happen! How did the left take over the schools? I have not seen this happen in any other Country. Every Country teaches there language.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

What happened?
    Simple, the liberals were the ones in school while the conservatives were in places like Vietnam.

Then the ones with the educations became the teachers.

From there,it just spiraled in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.