Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I don’t even know what to say about that. I guess we are all going to jail on Halloween.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, she knows how to play the game.

Most DV laws are writtten so vaguely and poorly that almost anything one does that may ” threaten” the partner qualifies for an arrest.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Well, it seems to me that it wasn’t the watermelon per se that was the issue, but the perceived threat of violence towards her that got him arrested. Her description of ‘passive-aggressive’ in this situation suggests a game I’ve seen too often, where a bully behaves in a way that technically is innocent but is filled with menace; then he can claim when being challenged that he wasn’t doing anything and she was over reacting. Some may say she was overreacting; I suspect she was being brave in the face of fear.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

In some self defense training sessions a watermelon is often used with knife work.
    This lady is obviously not comfortable with the gentleman and need to read the Gift of Fear – Gavin de Becker. http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker-ebook/dp/B0036Z9U2A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.