Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just a rant to folks who’ll understand. As someone who has put much effort into understanding history, it grieves me that the media puts such little effort into properly portraying it. It is bad enough the the news media distorts and filters the news of current events, but knowing that the general public typically doesn’t read much real history, can’t they at least make an effort to have some semblance of reality in movies and TV shows? Last night we watched the “Tut” mini-series that my wife had taped a while ago. Other than the names of Tut, his wife, the Vizier, and the top military guy, and Tut dying young, they made up all of it, and I mean all of it. Millions likely watched the show, and unlike me they won’t have ever read any of the real history, and now they think he was this heroic Warrior King. Not even close. He couldn’t walk without a cane due to birth defects. The relationships between the main characters, both personal and familial weren’t even close to being accurate. I know it doesn’t really matter whether the public has any correct info on King Tut, but it does beg the question as to just how distorted historical portrayals of more current or pertinent historical characters are. To make it worse, at the end of the show, they had those follow-up comments to tell you what happened afterwards, and they too were grossly distorted/inaccurate. All I could think of while watching the show was the future politically correct re-writing of history using movies and TV shows knowing that that will be the primary means the general public learns history.

It is a Brave New World indeed,

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I can’t agree more………

This exact subject just drives me insane. People talk about many different things like they know what the hell they are talking about such as Israel, immigration, trouble in the Middle East, the War of Northern Aggression, etc….. They have NO clue and then when you ask them why they don’t take the effects of Sykes-Picot into account when discussing the troubles in the Middle East, they look at you like you have 4 eyes and 8 arms. And you know that the Vietnam War was to fight Communism and had nothing to do with the fact that France took Indochina back over after WWII but had NO money to really rebuild after Japan razed the country – thus ticking the Vietnamese people off a bit. Of course it wasn’t a revolution against colonial rule. It was Communism….. /sigh

Again, I am with you brother….. Very disturbing.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Sykes-Picot in WW1 and meeting of the Allied Heads of States during the Yalta Conference during WWII pretty much sliced and diced concurred countries as spoils of war. In Asia the Allies talked Viet Nam’s Ho Chi Minh into fighting the Japanese. After the war Viet Nam was handed over to the French.
    Robin

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Sykes-Picot in WW1 and meeting of the Allied Heads of States during the Yalta Conference during WWII pretty much sliced and diced concurred countries as spoils of war. In Asia the Allies talked Viet Nam’s Ho Chi Minh into fighting the Japanese. After the war Viet Nam was handed over to the French.
    Robin

Yup…..

Everyone likes to blame Reagan and Bush for all our Middle East problems and they actually believe that SE Asia was all about Communism….. Seriously… /sigh

Don’t even get me started on the history of our political parties…….. This is why I am beginning to think I need to become a Radical Moderate.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I couldn’t agree more. I just signed up for an online course at Hillsdale College. Constitution 101. It is free. I am making my whole family take it with me. Our kids are being brainwashed at school and they have to KNOW our history or they will believe what ever they are told. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://lp.hillsdale.edu/constitution-101-signup-ppc/?gclid=CKHSwpiR_sYCFQoLaQodBBMBKQ

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Kudos to you Matt76! Important topic. It’s great that you are taking the initiative. Family that learns together often makes for a good team.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have the same feeling about the topic but I’m more concerned about the history we are currently making. If the events of the last 8 years were written as a novel 40 years ago we would be laughing at the characters and story line in disbelief. I can’t fathom how twisted our society and government have become. Sodom & Gamorra couldn’t be worse.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Faking ancient history, out of ignorance, and a desire to fill a time slot the easy way, is bad enough. Rewriting modern history for empire brings far more disastrous consequences. Many, if not all, of the wars of the last two centuries have been set up in advance — papered over with lying treaties intended to be violated later, when war would once again be more profitable — and financed — by those who would reap the money and power, from the death and destruction they had planned to beget.

Modern simplistic and false “history” either calls these “inevitable,” or due to the “innately evil” nature of those unsuspecting young fighters who would be sent to carry out the profitable designs of the older planners. The object of the fake history game is to persuade the average sheepizen that it is pointless to try to understand the genesis of the next war/depression, and the way of the world. “Shut up; quit complaining; accept whatever comes; don’t mess with stuff you’ll never understand; the Glorious Leaders (and their “advi$er$”) know best.”

Rulers, wielders of the Sword, come and go, but the descendants of those who wield the Purse continue in power unbroken for centuries, and they pick and pay the “historians,” the” diplomats,” and the “rulers”. That’s the way it works nowadays. But once, in the history of mankind, there was a nation where at least 90% were literate, at least a third of them understood how the “system” worked, and Three Percent of them were willing to risk death to change it. They succeeded, but they couldn’t make their progeny care as much as they did. Ten generations later, we’re less free than they began. Sic Transit Gloria.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT,
    Good post. I think history will be repeated. The costs will be very high.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Here’s a link to some of the the best advice I’ve seen: HOW TO SPEAK TO THE BRAINWASHED

I won’t try to con you that I find it especially easy to do, given my argumentative nature, but I’ve seen it work.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT, I gave up on conversions. I can’t handle the lunatic responses.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

LT, I gave up on conversions. I can’t handle the lunatic responses.

I stopped long ago trying to get people to see what I see. If I detect someone is willing and able to have a deeper conversation, I am glad to engage, otherwise I just let them be content in not knowing much about the world around them.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

LT,
    Good post. I think history will be repeated. The costs will be very high.

Yes, history repeats itself, though most take comfort in thinking that it can’t or won’t. I’m glad my son is past the age of being drafted when the next war comes, and that my grandkids are too young, the assumption being it’ll come long before they are of age. I see no point in sacrificing my own for the benefit of the elites.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, I’m starting to think something internal will happen, even if it has outside beginnings like a cyber attack.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I gave up on conversions. I can’t handle the lunatic responses.

I stopped long ago trying to get people to see what I see. If I detect someone is willing and able to have a deeper conversation, I am glad to engage, otherwise I just let them be content in not knowing much about the world around them.

Good points. I’m no missionary, but I’ll answer intelligent questions, if I think they’re not just trying to set me up.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.