Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Make This Planet Livable Again! The monsters are loose.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t know what’s worse, they might be right or that I actually watched that all the way through.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I couldn’t figure out whether to laugh or run away. I actually found that to be a rather spooky video. The laughter was of the nervous variety, recognizing something that’s all too familiar but still isn’t right. Thinking about the incidents on multiple university campuses in the past week or so, especially Emory University in Atlanta, the video actually is very close to reality – and that’s just beyond weird! So somebody chalks “Trump 2016″ a few places on a university campus – and now one of the people involved is being told she has to step down from her elected student government position? Worse yet, the university is now offering FREE COUNSELING for the students traumatized by “Trump 2016″ in washable chalk on a few sidewalks and buildings. And multi-generation Latino students who are citizens (and whose parents are citizens) feel “unsafe” on campus, so the verbal attacks on the “perpetrators” is ramping up to a level not unlike what’s in this video? Unreal! Frankly, if that video had been posted even just 10 years ago, it would have been seen as a stupid waste of time. Today? It’s extremely close to reality – and that’s mind blowing.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Where we went wrong? Allowing government — any government — to run the schools. But school in general — requiring young learners to limit their interests and natural curiosity to whatever some teacher, however well intended, happens to be doing at the moment — is itself a bad idea. Many of this nation’s founders were easily more literate than the average modern college graduate, without formal education at all. They learned to read at home, usually from the Bible and privately printed study books, followed their interests, learned to work at an early age, observed their elders, asked a lot of questions, and grew up educated, though unschooled.

For those interested in how some of America’s early leaders got to be so smart, try
    An Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto

You might even want to add it to your collection, for days when the Public Fool System is non-op.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

L Tecolote

That is a dedicated read………… I will have to put that in my queue.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Reminds me of some college professor who wrote a book. Whites are the icemen and blacks are the sun people.

Now stir and make it into a dialectic.

Iceman Inheritance by Michael Bradley

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Great read, Tec. I read much of the beginning, fast-forwarded to much of the end, and sampled liberally from the middle – sufficient to see that I want to read the entire book. For me anymore, that’s saying something. I rarely read particularly long books (and over 400 pages is long) anymore, for a variety of reasons. Shorter books, articles, video pieces, etc., yes – but cover-to-cover dedicated reading of a single large volume is not something I do much anymore. This one gets an exception. Thanks.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Always happy to point out serious thought to serious thinkers. Mr. Gatto was in the same year, “Teacher of the Year” in both New York City, and in New York State, at the same time the NYC School District was trying to fire him (!) He tended to disturb the orderly processing of kids into sheeple, by trying to help them grow into self-controlling adults, and we can’t have that, now can we?

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Mr. Gatto was in the same year, “Teacher of the Year” in both New York City, and in New York State, at the same time the NYC School District was trying to fire him (!)

Yes, I read that in the beginning portion, along with the long list of other accomplishments, and what happened when he wrote the letter to the editor and basically forgot about it. What marvelous irony. And it also points out just how scheming the truly evil can be – protect their plans at any cost. I also enjoyed his later comparing and contrasting of Washington vs. Braddock, and how we’re trying to put the alliance back together again today – to rule the world. The sun never sets on the U.S. empire …. (People will have to read that portion to really understand it. I thought it was a brilliant bit of insight, personally.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.