Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

I don’t purchase store bought vitamins anymore but some minerals. The vitamin pills have polymers in them that cause allergy symptoms in people later in life. What is happening is that those plastics in the pills (not talking about gelatin caps) get hung up in the nose area. You can do things to rid yourself of that also.

Juicer: There are a few ways to do this but these are the methods I use. For those that like juicing but don’t have any idea of what to do with the material that gets wasted, take the rejected material and dehydrate it. Make sure you lay that stuff on top of a gallon zip lock baggie to keep it from going through the grids while dehydrating. When it is all finished put the clumps of vegetable matter in a blender and blend it into a powder. What you end up with is material that can either be packed into gel caps, or can be added to rice, cooked noodles, or other foods as a vitamin substitute using the exact same stuff you were drinking in juice form. I take the powder and put it in food-saver packages for when SHTF. There is no vitamin loss once it is dehydrated.

Carrots: If you don’t juice but still want to make vitamin powders for later use or even current use you can do something similar to above. You can take carrots and run them through a food processor, or if you like things the simple way just grate it on a hand grater. Take all that material and dehydrate it in your dehydrator. When it is finished run it through your blender until it becomes powder. The powder becomes you beta carotene.

Greens: If you don’t juice them but want to make vitamins of them dehydrate them the way they are. When finished run them through a blender until powdered. Now your greens can be added to juice or beverages, put into gel caps, or added to food.

Calcium: I mentioned in another topic how to make calcium. Take egg shells that have been boiled. Dry them completely for a couple days (you want 0 moisture) or put them in your dehydrator and dehydrate. When dry put them in a blender and blend to a powder. Put the powder away for use when SHTF or use it now, your choice. Take a couple teaspoons (or however much you want) and add it to a half cup of drinking water. Blend that in a blender or in grid down just mix really good by shaking it in a jar with a lid. Strain the water using a cotton cloth and toss the trapped particles into your garden. The water is your calcium drink.

I’ll update and add more as I think of them.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Nlouise, good info!

nlouise
    nlouise
    Survivalist
    member4

Thank you Selco. I take that as a big compliment coming from you. Thank you so much for the information you share with us. You have helped many of us who weren’t ever taught anything about survival to distinguish between Hollywood movie fantasy survival and real life survival.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

nlouise,
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    I cant wait to try this.
    Hannah

Profile photo of Marti
    Marti
    Survivalist
    member1

What great info. I’ve GOT to try this! Thanks!!!

Profile photo of TK556
    TK556
    Survivalist
    member2

For calcium I just boil eggs and eat them shell and all. You can also dry bones, powder them, and add the powder to your water. My Mom’s family did that in the jungles of the Philippines during WW2.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have always wondered about this .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.