Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, Great looking piece, the handle spline to wood fit is impressive. I also like the sheath on the shoulder strap, eliminates a lot of problems with belts and placement. I was thinking this morning about doing same thing with my long blades.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

How do you like that squared off grip at the rear?
    With my hands I just can’t get those to work, they always hit the wrong places.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Whirli:

I have no issues with the grips. Everything fits and feels pretty good, which is surprising due to the size of my paws. Maybe I just am luck enough to have enough pad on my bear paws to just not notice anything.

74:

I love Baldric carry for larger blades. It makes it so much more comfortable for carry through the woods.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    My S&W 60 is a 60-4. They are configured with 3″ barrels and adjustable sights. I have an early one in 38 special rated for +p. The models produced now are 357’s. I like the extra inch on the barrel and the bigger sights. It’s still a small frame that is light and easy to carry in the summer time under a tee shirt. I use an old DeSantis IWB pancake with leather shammy cemented to both sides. The shammy is good against the skin for comfort and sticks to clothing reasonably well. If they made black shammey’s it would look better :)

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli:

I have no issues with the grips. Everything fits and feels pretty good, which is surprising due to the size of my paws. Maybe I just am luck enough to have enough pad on my bear paws to just not notice.

Sorry, didn’t specify, the pig sticker not the wheelgun.
    Personally I prefer the old Coke bottle square bottom grips for Smiths.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Those grips look a lot like Hogue’s. I had a set on a model 29, they made the recoil a bit more manageable with the longer surface at the back of the grip.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.