Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

What better way to celebrate Independence Day than to have a family gun passed to the next generation. It was my great grandfather’s Fox & Sterlingworth 16 ga. Hard to believe it is almost 100 yrs old

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Beautiful – Enjoy !

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Congratulations. Heirlooms of any sort are special, but this one moreso than most.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Damascus barrels?

16 ga is a personal favorite, there’s little on field game that the 16 can’t do with less fuss than a 12 and a better shot pattern than the 20.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Congrats! My first long gun growing up was a 16 ga. Took all kinds of game with it.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirli I don’t believe they are Damascus, no visible swirls or patters, of course that is only visible if there was an acid treatment used during finishing. Based on what I can find from the serial number it was manufactured around 1919 and I did not see any notes about this model being produced with Damascus barrels.
    I have been surprised at how hard it is to find low brass shells for this thing. Guess you never notice stuff like that until you actually look for it. I did find one box the other day and bought it. Couldn’t wait to shoot it. It is interesting to feel the difference in felt recoil and muzzle jump based on stock design when you compare old and modern. Muzzle jump was a little surprise since there isn’t much real estate to place your support hand without wrapping around the barrels lol .I am trying to avoid to much skin contact with the metal as I can. My great grandfather took immaculate care of this gun and I would like to preserve its beauty as long as possible.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great gun!! 16g is a beautiful weapon.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Very nice Matt76!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks for all the compliments.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.