Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Because of laws in this region, I am interested in your experiences in long term (hidden) weapon storage. What is the best way for you?
    There is the information on web about it, but still nothing like hearing from your experience.
    Thanks.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have a unique background , artificial habitats , themed environments , ( I make fake things look real ) people like you that live in a forested area , have more options on hiding in plain sight vs me in the desert southwest . It can be done , just not as many options visually . PM me on how to make a fake deadfall log or stump . They will walk right past it , or even sit on it , not knowing what it really is . Just hope they dont try to burn or chop it lol .

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Tolik!

Profile photo of MR Ts Haircut
    MR Ts Haircut
    Survivalist
    member1

I retired from the military. Prior to retirement, there were many times my duty station required moving to non friendly gun states and countries. My solution during those times were to take my guns to a relatives house to be placed in storage. I would use marine grade grease.. almost the consistency of gear grease/lube. I found it kept corrosion out and left the finish intact. to clean and degrease I would use brake fluid and SAE 30 weight oil..
    messy but effective. After I greased and lubed the guns, I would wrap in wax paper and put in a gun sock. I kept guns for 6 years in this condition and they cleaned up like they were new from the gunsmith.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.